Chapter 23: The 'Talented'

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 4 – Semi-finals

Semi-finals: Mujinazaka – Inarizaki Match

FWEET!

Y/N holds her breath, staring wide-eyed at the court in disbelief. She's too scared to look at the scoreboard.

Atsumu pants heavily as he slowly turns to Osamu, face devoid of emotion.

"'Samu, did we...?"

"Yeah..."

"AND THE CROWD GOES WILD WITH EXCITEMENT! WHAT A FIERCE SHOWDOWN BETWEEN TWO TOTAL POWERHOUSE SCHOOLS! AND AFTER A LONG AND INTENSE MATCH... INARIZAKI EMERGES VICTORIOUS!"

"THE STRONGEST CHALLENGERS, AN ABSOLUTE FAN FAVOURITE! INARIZAKI DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS, INARIZAKI HIGH SCHOOL ADVANCES TO THE FINALS!"

Dazed, Ginjima shakily turns to Suna in disbelief. "Suna... did I hear that right...?"

"Yeah..." Suna mutters, smiling slightly. "We made it to Finals."

"ALRIGHT!!" They all yell as they jump into a group hug, laughing joyously as they celebrate their victory. After thanking the crowd for their support, Atsumu and Osamu tease Ginjima by ruffling his hair in excitement while Suna laughs at them.

"Argh- Stop it!" Ginjima laughs. "I think I'ma cry!"

"The cameras are rolling, so go ahead."

"Shuddup, Suna!"

"You kids done bein' kids?" Y/N teases, approaching the group and handing them towels to wipe off their sweat. "Or do I needa wait a little longer?"

"N/N'S HERE! GROUP HUG!" Atsumu declares, pouting when she dodges him repeatedly. "Oi! Don'tcha wanna celebrate with us??"

"I do. But yer all gross and sweaty." She mutters in disgust. "I'm not gonna touch you guys until you each have a shower."

"She can't dodge all of us." Osamu states, lazily smirking. "Let's go!"

"Wait a minute-!" Y/N shrieks when the twins start chasing her around, laughing maniacally as she tries to run away. "Dammit! Leave me alone!"

Suna laughs at this. "Oho ho! Lemme get my phone to film-"

"Not the time, Suna." Ginjima rolls his eyes, unwrapping his towel. Y/N quickly runs over to hide behind him, using him as a human shield.

"You jerks can't get me here!"

Ginjima glances at her and smirks. "You sure 'bout that? Wouldja really trust a fox?"

"Wait-!"

Ginjima laughs as he wraps his towel around Y/N before she can escape, pulling her into a hug and lifting her up off the ground. "You're alright if there's no contact, right?"

"Gin! Nice!" The twins cheer, eyes sparkling as Suna laughs again.

Y/N puffs her cheeks in annoyance as she glares at the three of them. "Hitoshi's the only one allowed, 'kay? So don't get any- wait, stay awAY-!"

The twins cackle maniacally as they throw their towels at her, jumping in on the group hug. Just as Atsumu opens his mouth to talk, Y/N knees him in the side.

"Don't say anythin' heartfelt now boi."

"What?? Why not??"

"Rintarou's legit just standin' there, grab 'im."