Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go

"Ready?" Y/N asks.

"I'm ready." Ginjima declares, frowning as he stiffly faces forward.

As soon as she gets the okay, Y/N slides the horizontal headpiece of the stadiometer down, resting it on top of Ginjima's head.

"What is it?" Ginjima nervously asks as he stands stiffly. "...Please be nice."

"I don't think your height changes depending on how nice I am." Y/N deadpans as she records his height. "180.3cm, congrats."

"Yuss!" Ginjima cheers. "Finally over 180! Thanks Y/N!"

"...You're welcome?" She raises her eyebrow at this as she chuckles. "Thanks for giving me credit for your growth I guess."

Ginjima rolls his eyes as he slips his shoes back on. "Yeah yeah, I'll send Atsumu in."

"Thanks." Writing Atsumu's name down on the next line, Y/N glances up when she hears him come in. "Welcome, are'ya ready to put your pride on the line, Atsumu?"

Atsumu huffs as he rolls his eyes. "Very funny, N/N, I know I've grown, just wait 'til you're super impressed with my height!"

"Sure, you ready?"

"...Can I stretch a bit first?"

"...Why are you four just silently staring at each other?" Y/N deadpans as she leaves the nurses office. "Wait, on second thought, I don't wanna know."

"Yer here now, N/N." Atsumu says seriously, eyes still locked on the other three. "Please reveal our heights one by one."

"What? Why?"

"As if we'd trust each other to tell our real heights." Osamu rolls his eyes. "Go on, tell 'Tsumu that I'm still taller than him."

"Oi! Let her reveal all our heights one by one first!" Atsumu huffs as he turns to Y/N. "Go on, tell 'Samu I'm taller than him now."

"Seriously?" Y/N deadpans. "Does it really matter that much?"

"Yes, it does." They all say in unison.

Y/N rolls her eyes as she sighs. "Fine. Hitoshi's 180.3cm now."

"Oh! Nice job, Gin! You've gotten into the 180s!" Atsumu cheers as Osamu and Suna give him thumbs up. "Now we're all in the 180s~ nice."

"Yeah, nice. Anyway, Rintarou's 185.7cm now, still the tallest."

"Yeah that's right~" Suna smirks lazily as he looks down on the other three. "It's alright though, at least you guys are... above average I guess. Better luck next time."

"Jerk." Atsumu scowls as Suna's smirk widens. "How 'bout me and 'Samu? Who's taller now, N/N??"

Y/N sighs as she facepalms. "Fine. Osamu is..."

The four of them watch her expectantly in anticipation as they wait for her tell them. Y/N smirks slightly as she trails off and starts slowly backing away.

"Oi tell us! 'Samu is what??"

Y/N smirks as she pats Atsumu on the shoulder. "Osamu is 2 millimetres taller than you. Don't mind."

"NOOOO!!!" Atsumu screeches as he crumbles to the floor in defeat, Osamu and Suna laughing hysterically as they take jabs at Atsumu, mocking him for losing once again.

Smirking to herself, Y/N takes out her phone to take pictures of Atsumu's pitiful form, knowing that they could be useful one day. Ginjima sighs to himself as he facepalms, it's hard being the only sane Inarizaki second year.