Chapter 52: Change

'It's funny how quickly things change.'

"And I thought our team changed a lot..." Osamu whispers as Y/N shrugs.

"Well it's only natural." Y/N mutters back. "Majority of their starting line up were third years."

"Thank you for coming to our school, Miya, we really appreciate that you'd travel such a long distance."

"No problem, we're always eager for matches." Atsumu smirks in response. "I see yer Fukurodani's new captain, Keiji-kun."

"Yes." Akaashi nods. "Likewise, Miya."

"Are'ya likin' yer new team?" Atsumu asks as Akaashi blinks in surprise.

"Of course, they are great teammates and hard workers."

"Must be really different though, since the people ya usually spent yer time with have all graduated now." Atsumu comments.

Akaashi pauses slightly, before nodding. "That's true, it is very different."

"Guess it's the same for all of us. Let's have a great match!" Atsumu grins, shaking his hand before heading back to Inarizaki's side for the practise match to begin.

From her spot on the bench, Y/N glances to the side as she sees a small crowd forming on the bleachers, it's only natural for fans to want to see two powerhouse schools practise together. She's used to this by now.

"So Yamiji chose Akaashi as Fukurodani's new captain eh?" Coach Kurosu comments as the practise match begins. "No surprises there."

"Mm yeah, especially since he was vice captain even as a second year." Y/N nods along, watching the match carefully. "He's really responsible, and lookin' at Fukurodani now, they have no clear weaknesses and look fairly solid overall."

"That's true~" Coach Kurosu chuckles as Akaashi sends a quick set to Onaga. "But the fact still remains, that they lost some of their most outstanding players."

"So did we though." Y/N sighs. "All teams lost some of their most outstanding players."

"That's also true." Coach Kurosu chuckles as he shakes his head. "What am I gonna do when you all graduate too?"

"Weep for days?" Y/N suggests as she smirks.

"Weepin' from joy I bet."

Y/N lets out a laugh as she shakes her head. "I wouldn't bet on it."

"Osamu, nice serve!"

Counting down the seconds, Osamu stares over at Fukurodani's side of the court before tossing the ball into the air and serving it, only for the ball to hit the net.

'Oops.'

"Net in!"

"Hnng-!" Stumbling forward, Fukurodani's #8 manages to barely save the ball. "Sorry! It's short!"

"Alright!" Akaashi calls, running after it as he positions himself, quickly analysing the court before tossing a quick set. "Onaga!"

'Left.' Takahama thinks to himself, instantly shifting his body weight over and lining up to block the straight. Noticing this, Kyoku shifts over to guard the cross shot as Onaga spikes the ball over.

"Hmph!" Kyoku puffs his cheeks as he cleanly receives the ball, causing Atsumu to grin.

"Nice receive!" Atsumu calls, positioning himself as he quickly looks around the court, sending a quick set to Takahama as he spikes it down, scoring the point.