Chapter 43: The Day of Change

Spring Interhigh National Tournament
Day 3 – Third Round & Quaterfinals

"C'mon! Karasuno's match is about to begin!" Atsumu exclaims excitedly as he drags Y/N along, Osamu quietly following behind. "Let's go let's go let's go!"

"Why are'ya so excited." Y/N deadpans. "I don't think I've ever seen you this excited to see another team play, school team that is."

"Huh?? Don'tcha wanna see Tobio-kun and Shouyou-kun play??"

"I mean... sure." Y/N sighs as Osamu rolls his eyes.

"This is what I live with."

"My condolences."

"Karasuno High School has defeated Shiratorizawa Academy, who had Ushijima on their team, one of the nation's top 3 aces. In addition, yesterday they eliminated one of the favourites for the championship, Inarizaki High School, with the Miya twins."

"Did they hafta bring that up?" Atsumu groans.

"Well, pretty much everyone thought we were gonna win this time, or at least make top 3. So it's a big shock." Y/N shrugs.

"Will the fallen powerhouse-of-old ride their momentum to the top?! Or will the guardian cats thwart them?!"

"Karasuno serves first."

"Kageyama Tobio, who racked up service aces in leaps and bounds yesterday will take the first serve."

Kageyama spins the volleyball in his hands as Osamu opens a bento box, alerting Atsumu and Y/N as they look at him.

"What?"

"We're gonna eat lunch together later..." Y/N trails off as Osamu starts eating.

"So?"

Atsumu and Y/N wordlessly turn back to the match.

"Well then, let the match begin!"

Kageyama tosses the ball into the air as he sends over a powerful serve, but Nekoma's Kai manages to get it up, shocking the audience.

Kozuma tosses to Haiba as Hinata watches him carefully, jumping up to block as Haiba spikes it down to Nishinoya.

Shifting to the side, Kageyama follows through and tosses the ball to Tanaka, who spikes the ball, evading Nekoma's blockers as Yamamoto saves it. Reaching for the ball, Haiba pushes it down as Daichi manages to bump it up for Kageyama to set.

Hinata jumps into the air as Kageyama sets the ball, spiking it down as Kozume moves to receive it, but it bounces away.

Nekoma [00 – 01] Karasuno

"Th-They left the live broadcasting in the dust...! The rally is at a lightning pace right off the bat...!"

"Whoa... that's insane." Y/N mutters as she looks at the court in interest. "The fact that they're all able to play like that straight away..."

"I think Karasuno's played with the kitty-cats a lot if both teams are that in sync." Atsumu says as the match continues. "I don't think we've ever played against the kitty-cats before?"

"Nah, I think this is the first time they made it to nationals in five years."

"Ohh really?" Osamu asks as she nods.

"Ya, representin' Tokyo is always really competitive y'know. They were only able to make it coz Tokyo's allowed three representatives this time."

"Lame~" Atsumu chimes as they roll their eyes.