Chapter 3: Foxes

"DID YOU STEAL MY PHONE YOU BASTARD!?"

"FOR THE LAST TIME! I DIDN'T TAKE YOUR PHONE!"

Y/N seethes as she glares at her youngest brother in rage. He scowls right back at her, continuing a yelling match.

"LOOK ME IN THE EYES AND LIE TO ME AGAIN!"

Her brother stares directly into her eyes and screams; "I DIDN'T TAKE IT!"

"AH HA!" She dramatically points at him accusingly. "I KNEW IT! YOU LIED TO ME!"

"WHAT!? NO I DIDN'T!"

"Bruh, I legit just said 'look me in the eyes and lie to me again', and that's exactly what you did." Y/N states in a deadpan tone. Her brother looks so done with her. He stomps over to his room, screaming in frustration as he slams the door.

Once he's gone, Y/N calmly walks over to the home phone to call herself. She hears her phone's muffled vibrations and after some troublesome searching, finally finds it in the fridge. Rolling her eyes in exasperation, she instantly unlocks her phone to call Osamu.

"Yo dude, you won't believe what just happened."

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

The sounds of squeaking shoes echo throughout the gym, blending with the yells of the players. Two 6-on-6 matches are currently ongoing in the gym, splitting the Inarizaki team into four groups. There's a mixture of uniformed players and bench warmers in each team.

Y/N watches over a match with Coach Kurosu, while Coach Oomi watches over the other with Kagawa and Inoue. Writing notes as she observes, Y/N carefully analyses all the players on the court, occasionally making short comments to Coach Kurosu.

It's Atsumu's turn to serve. He bounces the ball a few times, his eyes staring down in concentration. Tossing the ball into the air, he prepares for a jump serve. Osamu, who is on the other side of the court, purposely tries to distract him just before he jumps.

"Out!" He yells during Atsumu's run-up, distracting him.

Atsumu looks like he's about to murder Osamu, who's smiling at him with a sh*t-eating grin. The serve was indeed out.

"Attacking your opponent will get you kicked off the court." Y/N calls, making Atsumu scowl in frustration.

"Gettin' distracted durin' your serve, Atsumu?" Coach Kurosu laughs as Atsumu grumbles. He flips Osamu off as he continues grinning. The first years sweat in fear from the hostile atmosphere, unused to the twin's shenanigans.

"Nice homerun."

The match continues as normal, occasionally switching players on the bench so they could have a go. All would have been well, if Atsumu wasn't such a conceited jerk.

"D'ya have a problem with my tosses?"

Atsumu glares down at the poor first year, ignoring the way he shakes in panic.

"N-no... they're perfect..." The first year stutters softly.

"That's right. They're the best. So why can't you hit them? Scrub." The first year trembles like a leaf under Atsumu's condescending sneer. Coach Kurosu facepalms at Atsumu's terrible attitude and drags himself over to fix the situation.

"Atsumu, that's enough-"

"Your footwork is terrible! You need to fix up your approach!" Atsumu yells, scowling at the first year and interrupting Coach Kurosu.