24: T H R I L L

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  - F O U R

"Vivian, this is more than what I asked for," I exclaimed to her when I noticed the large group of people here.

There were more people coming in through the doors of their house. My eyes widen when I see people I never met. This can't be happening, I don't want to spend my 18th birthday party with people I don't have close relations with.

Vivian loops her arms in mine, "Relax, this party will be one you won't forget."

I don't want this to be like some Jay Gatsby kind of party, only for him to wreck his house for nothing in the end. What was I going to get from this party? Nothing because people were going to be in their own state of mind.

The familiar brown eyes looked at me, I turned away. I didn't want to think of last night's events, I was a fool for expecting a kiss from him. I haven't told Vivian what happened last night, was it something I needed to tell her about. Nor did Victor and I talked to each other this whole day.

I was starting to suspect Vivian hosted it at her house so I wouldn't run away and hide in my room. Since this wasn't my place, I had to stay at this party. I tried conversing with people, but I just couldn't say something.

"So you're the birthday girl," a girl with bright green eyes asked me.

I nod my head, "I guess so."

She looks at me quizzically, "You don't sound so happy."

"I couldn't stop Vivian from giving me this amazing party."

She grimaces, "What about we go and do something else?"

I pursed my lips, "Um-I don't know."

Before she could say any other thing, she was stopped by Owen. His hair was combed back and silk with gel. Right next to him stood my cousin, wearing a skin tight black dress—she looked beautiful.

"Happy birthday, Irene. Brielle and I wanted to give you this," Owen states, handing me a black bag that had white tissue paper stuffing out.

I got a hold of the bag and smiled at them, "Thank you, I will go and place this in Vivian's room." I start to move, but Owen grasps my arm tightly.

"No, I think you should open it now. We would like to see your reaction."

With that, I lean on the wall. I ripped open the tape that was holding the gift together. One by one, I take off the tissue paper. Once done, I now saw something familiar in the bottom of the gift bag. My blood went cold when I saw it.

"What is that," Owen hisses at me, when I looked up to meet his eyes he looked like the devil.

"I'm not sure what you are talking about," I lied to him, yet I knew what it was.

Brielle finally speaks up, "Then why was it in your room?"

When I looked down again, I saw the red journal of it. Beside it was a note that I remember that sat next to it.

"Read it," Brielle hisses.

I do what she says, and take out the note I stole from Victor's trench coat. "I don't think we should do this now."

Owens' face was contorted in anger, "Then when?"

I spin my index finger around, "When this whole crowd is gone."

They both walked away from me, the loud music was hurting my ears. I begin to make my way upstairs, taking the gift bag with me. I felt a cold hand grab mine, I whip my head around. I saw their red fiery hair, and they had a snarl on their face, "I could've been 18, except you stopped me from that."