11: E L I T E S I N N E R S

C H A P T E R E L E V E N

I was anticipating every hour, of the night. I was supposed to meet in the woods for the Elite Sinners. It sounded sketchy, but at this point, it didn't matter to me. I was desperate as to what this whole thing was. Why everyone hushed it away, that it didn't matter.

Today was the full moon, I searched up what time will the full moon be at displaced. It was in a couple of minutes, at exactly 8 pm. The only stream near this place was at the place we played hide and seek. If I remember correctly it was nearby an old rusty bridge.

I was preparing myself for the weather, it was supposed to be around 30 degrees. Fall was finally here, the tree's leaves falling to the ground. I put on a black cardigan with some leggings. I didn't feel like I needed to put something expensive, it's cold. I also put on a black beanie, preparing to walk out. It was still too early for my family to be asleep at this moment.

I open the door, making my way out the hallway. There were no voices, it was quiet. I needed to be careful with my footsteps and that's what I did.

Finally, I made it towards the door! Something about this felt too easy, something always bad happened when you get what you want. There was no thought in my head when I opened the door, letting the cold breeze hit me.

I was prepared to see what exactly I've been anticipating. I run across the green trimmed grass. When I made it to the gates, I push the button, realizing me from this place.

This was the moment I was waiting for, I look up at the sky. Seeing that the moon was now cast out, leading me to my destination. I run through the pavement, remembering what exactly I was looking out for. The entrance of the woods I was looking for was peculiar. There was a broken-down tree, with a red X across it. Around the tree, the grass was not green, but a dry yellow.

I stopped in my tracks when I see the entrance, goosebumps ran through my body. Was it a signal that something bad was going to happen? I take a huge step, making my way to the water stream.

The tree was sort of bare, it let me see clearly along my way. I make my way to a tree, tying a yellow bandana around the tree. Incase if I lose my way, this will guide me out.

I was starting to hear the sound of the rough water stream. I start speed walking to the sound I was hearing. Soon enough, I was staring right at it. The inside of my stomach was churning.

"Hello?" I croaked out, but I was greeted with nothing but silence.

I clench my hands, smoke coming out from my lips. I was beginning to get cold, was this a prank from them?

They all stopped talking to me. They have all been lying, putting a bad name on me. They might enjoy seeing me freeze to death, waiting for the Elite Sinners. They were waiting for me to make a fool of myself.

"Irene?" A nervous voice calls out, I turn around to hear the voice.

There hiding by the shadow of the trees was Esther. She slowly makes her way out, letting the moonlight guide her. When I was able to see her, I gasped. This didn't look like her, her body looked fragile. It wasn't the powerful girl I saw. The one who claimed she hated me, the one who made everyone go against me.

I rush to her side, but she puts a hand up, "Stay back." she orders.

I stay still from my spot, I was waiting for her to say something. Where were the others?

"You were the one writing the letters?" she accuses me.

I furrowed my brows, "What are you talking about?"