3: N E W F R I E N D S

C H A P T E R   T H R E E

Brielle and I walk alongside the girl with bright red hair, Esther. She led us to another room where the door was closed. I watch her open the door, letting us into a dim room.

I notice there was a group, seated on one single couch, they were all chatting with each other.

A tall guy with brown hair that was slicked back, walked towards us. "My love, we thought you went to get a drink." He says in a soothing voice but when I turn to my right, Brielle looks down.

Esther lets us go and gives the boy a huge hug, "No Owen, I came here to get these ladies. We have a new friend!"

They looked perfect for each other. It was as if they were matched for each other.

"Well introduce yourself," Someone who sat on the couch, said. Their voice was deep signaling that it was another guy.

I shift under my weight, "Hello there, my name is Irene." I try my best to sound like I knew my stuff.

If they pointed out some bizarre history or literature fact; I would quickly know what they're talking about.

A tall, elegant girl walks up to me. Her skin was tan that it looked beautiful under the dim lights. Her long, dark brown hair, slicked to the side. I watch as she takes slow strides up to me.

"Hello Irene, it's nice to meet you. I'm Vivian and-" she stops and turns towards the couch. She snaps her fingers, gesturing for him to come here.

Slowly a tall guy walks through the dim light, his skin was also tan. His curly dark hair was ruffled around.

"And this is my brother Victor." She says with a strong accent, rolling the r in his name.

I smile at them, were they twins? They don't look identical.

"Are you guys twins?" I question them.

Vivian nods her head, "Sadly yes, I would kill for him not to be my brother."

I watched Victor roll his eyes. He slowly makes his way to the couch. I couldn't see what he was doing since there wasn't much light.

Someone clears their throat, "Of course, the best is always last. Hello Irene, my name is Owen Mitchell." He slowly takes my hand and lightly places a kiss.

I quickly pull my hand from his grip. I turn to look around the room of these rich kids. They were all out of my league. I shake my head, trying to get rid of the negative thoughts.

"Is there something wrong?" Esther questioningly asks me. Her curious green eyes looking at my blue ones.

I bit my lip, "No-um I was just thinking about this party." I try to cover up.

She smiles, "Luckily, we were about to start."

Brielle speaks up after staying silent. Her petite body making her way towards me. "I think Irene shouldn't be involved."

Esther's eyebrows raise, "Why not?"

I wonder why I couldn't be involved. What were they going to do that Brielle forbidden me?

Brielle speaks up with a timid voice, "She's a very lightheaded person. She's never taken a drink or not that I know of." She slowly trails off.

Esther glides towards me, "Irene, have you ever taken a drink?"

I have taken many drinks. All sorts of drinks that my best friend and I tried to steal. Especially since I use to live under a bar.

I had a feeling Brielle was trying to protect me from making a mistake. There was an act I had to go through. One drink and the words will spill out.