25: A F T E R M A T H

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - F I V E

Everything after that felt like my world was spinning. The sound of a boy screaming, people shouting over each other. The silent felt like a buzz, yet it was so loud. A pair of arms wrapped around me. I look up to see the familiar look of Owen. He puts me away from the crowd that was rising with the angry buff boys. He places me next to my cousin, where she wraps an arm around me. Rubbing her hands up and down, trying to comfort me.

All of the sudden, there was screaming from people. Owen and Victor were both standing in front of the buff boy—who I now know his name is Matthew. I wish I can do something to help them out, but my cousin was holding onto me tightly.

My eyes watched their conversation, though I couldn't hear the words they were exchanging. I was too deep in thought.

We hear the loud sound of sirens, the windows now tinting with red and blue lights. People were now scattering around, running out to the dark night. Even Matthew ran away with his buddies. My friends now came close to us.

Three officers were now entering the house. All of them looked at us, seeing all the mess from the party. Owen makes his way towards the officer, they begin exchanging a few words to each other.

"Well, there's broken bottles. Signaling underage drinking, there were also noise complaints going around," the officer with a beard mentions.

Owen nods, "We understand that, we are sorry for the trouble we've caused. We make sure to be careful next time, do you guys want us to go to the station, officer?"

The officer shakes his head, looking at all of us, "No need for that, we are just letting you off with a warning. If we see you guys doing this again, we have no choice but send you to the station."

A part of me wonder if they dropped this because they knew the group in front of them were something. That they were one of the richest in the town, so rich they were in a secret group. Being afraid to loose a job just because they wronged the wrong person.

With that they all left, we were all stunned from what unfolded. There was no bickering from Owen or Brielle. Vivian and Victor were both confused as to what just happened.

"What did you do Irene," Vivian questions me, her eyes were near to crying. Her heels were stepping on the glass that were shattered on the floor.

I open and close my mouth, though nothing came out. I stood still, trying to think of all the events of today. They say stuff happened for a reason, but this isn't what I wanted. "I-I just had a moment of anger."

Victor raises a brow, "Why were you in the moment of anger?"

I shake my head, how can I live like this. Soon enough, death was coming.

"We are waiting," Owen whispered half- heartily.

To my surprise my cousin defended me, I haven't heard her voice in a long time. Where it sounded calming and pleasing.

"Guys, she's had a long day. I think she needs some rest, we are going home now Irene," Brielle says, now turning me away from the small group.

____________________

It felt so long feeling comfortable. Being under my covers felt like true bliss. Today, the sky looked bright, the sun was out. I put a smile on my face, bringing my arms up to stretch. I hop down the stairs, my feet feeling the coldness of it. I didn't mind, I felt truly at peace.

When my feet landed on the floor, I was in shock to see my aunt bringing two people in the house. I start to notice the familiar brown hair that was gelled back, it was Mr. Harrington. When he enters the house, the person behind him was shown. This guy was in all black, wearing his uniform—it was a cop!