32: A W A K E N

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T W O

There was a throbbing pain coming from my head. It felt like I was being beaten by a crowbar. Instantly, I remembered about almost getting hit with a car! Did the impact happen? I start to panic and pull the covers from my body to check.

But to my surprise, I see no impact. Actually, there was no sign of bruises or at least bandages of some sort. Then why was my head hurting?

I looked around my surroundings, starting to see it was my room, not the hospital. That means I wasn't in an accident.

"You're finally awake," my aunt says, walking into the room with a tray of food.

"What happened," I asked her when she finally places the food in front of me.

She places a cool hand on my forehead that sent chills down my spine. She grabs onto the thermometer that was laying on the tray. She begins to put it in my mouth, never leaving her hand off of me.

"You seemed to passed out last night," my aunt whispers. "Right when you interrupted me."

I shake my head in denial, that's when she takes it off. Her eyes widen when she sees my temperature.

"Matter of fact, you passed out due to a fever. And that slapped Mrs. Knox gave you, must've made your soul leave your body," she softly giggles at her joke, but I looked at her confusingly.

I remember something from last night. I was almost close to getting hit by a car. Then Victor saved me. But I was greeted by another soul, it was the spirit of Thomas! That couldn't be. Did my soul leave my body? No, that's impossible. It was all apart of my imagination, my craving to figure out the truth.

"What do you mean, I-I need to speak to Victor," I say to her, but what if I was close to getting hit by a car. Only Victor can answer the questions of my crazy despairs.

I needed to know what was going on. Why was my aunt saying I passed out? Did I ever tell Victor who the murderer was? Did he hear Thomas say the name? I threw my hands on my head. Stop thinking like that, I'm sounding insane!

"No, you're grounded," she states with no hesitation in her voice. "In plus, you're sick, there can't be people around you."

"Why am I grounded," I question her.

She sighs, "I can't trust none of you guys. Especially with those charges you have, uh no."

I slide my hands down my face, "Those charges against me were dropped," I tell her. "Mr. Harrington told me so, now can I please invite him over?"

She stood there, not saying a thing to me. "That won't change my mind, now you must rest."

There she goes, closing the door with such softness. I couldn't believe I was sick, but a part of me didn't believe I passed out. I knew for sure I had a conversation with Victor or maybe something else. Was my mind playing tricks with me? Of course, I was, I was sounding crazy.

Well, my break wasn't going to be a fun one.

Most of the time, I spent my time reading the journal. I decided to inspect each entry carefully. Except, there wasn't much to see at the beginning, not until I read one entry.