40: M U R D E R

WARNING: this chapter contains violent acts and sensitive topic, please keep an open mind. If you're not comfortable reading violent acts, don't read when Owen begins his story. •

C H A P T E R F O U R T Y

The movement of the car was speeding, the trees were all a blur. There was pain erupting around my scalp and face. I bring my hand up to my cheek, groaning when I feel the pain. I start to look up, seeing the back of Owen's head.

Where are we going?

Images started to showcase in my mind, going by rapidly. Falling from the stairs, something hitting the back of my head, and Owen slamming my face down on the floor.

My back went up straight, trying to calm myself from what just happened. No, no, no, this has to be a lie.

I felt my body stiffen as if a snake was slithering around my body. Except, the snake was Owen and I was afraid of moving. If I move, the faster I will die. All I had to do was stay calm, I can beg for mercy!

How could I do that? I was sitting in the car of someone who was crazy!

"You've done it," I screeched. "It's always been you."

There was a loud shrieking sound as he pressed onto the brakes harshly. I hissed when the back of my head made contact with the cushion. I watch as he quickly gets out of the car. Abruptly, he opens my door with a gun pointed at my forehead.

"Do anything reckless or stupid, I will end you right at this moment," he hisses, deeply shoving the muzzle of the gun on my forehead.

Owen grabs onto my shoulder, tightly. He drags me out of the car, leading me through the endless trees of the night. There were crunching noises when our feet came in contact with the snow.

Why did I believe I was the one who had done it? What were those images I thought were true? Am I crazy just like the person behind me?

Please, let me not be just like him. He is ruthless.

What can I do? How can I survive out of this without something going badly?

He pushes me to the ground, my knees coming in contact with the coldness that sent a shock through my body.

"Sit with your hands on your head," he sneers, the gun pointed on my forehead.

I obeyed, afraid of provoking him. I don't want to go through the pain I've experienced not that long ago. Not only that, but he has killed someone before. The person he loved and were together.

Why would he kill the person he loved?

Owen crouches down, our eyes leveling with each other. "You went snooping around my room," he smirks, shoving a finger on my bruised cheek.

I gritted my teeth, the pain shooting through my head. "Aww poor girl, if you haven't done that, we wouldn't be in this situation. Or you wouldn't have a deformed face."

I formed saliva in my mouth, spitting it on his face. "You worthless scumbag, you decided to use me to escape from your mistakes!"

His black leather gloves wipe off the spit that slithered down to his lips. "Why did you believe you'd done it, Irene? I am amused that you listened to my words." He leans in close to me, placing the muzzle of the gun on my neck. "Speak!"

"I had images and I was the last person to see her," I managed to sputter out.

He chuckles darkly, "Foolish girl, you were ready to cast yourself away because of your thoughts. Paranoia has gotten to you, hasn't it?"