15. Interesting Sunday

Sophie woke up with a smile. After yesterday's exhausting night with the girls, she had fallen asleep immediately, as soon as she reached home. She fiddled for the chit with Liam's number but, it wasn't there. It must have fallen down. She started brushing her hair, which was in monstrous tangles. Just then her phone rang. Startled she dropped her hairbrush on her foot and hopped to her phone, in pain. 

"Hey Sophie." said a beautiful, crisp voice. 

"Fitz? Hey.. What's up?" Sophie played with her hair.

"Nothing much. Anyways, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come over to my place. I'm calling the whole gang to Everglen. There's someone I want you to meet." he said. 

"Sure. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Sophie said. "Actually 20.. having a hair crisis."

Fitz laughed. "Sure.. Come soon!" 

Sophie quickly brushed her hair and took out her cutest outfit. 

"Hey Mom?" Sophie raced downstairs

"Hey Mom?" Sophie raced downstairs. "Did you just call me mom?" Edaline asked surprised. "Of course I did. I'll stop calling you mom if you don't want me too." Sophie hugged her adoptive mom, tight. "No.. Please do. Did you want anything?" Edaline asked. "Yes, I wanted to ask if I could over to Everglen. Also, I need a ride." Sophie said. 

"Sure, sweetheart. I'll just feed the new horse, Silveny and go." Edaline said. "Ok. That's fine. I'll just use my cycle and get there." Sophie said. "I'm kinda in a hurry." 

Sophie raced to the garage and removed her cycle. Then cycled as fast as she could to Everglen. By the time she reached the door, she was panting. She rang the doorbell before Della, Fitz and Biana's mother opened the door. "Hello Mrs. Vacker. I'm Sophie." Sophie introduced herself. "Hello Sophie. Call me Della." she said, with a smile. Sophie smiled back. Della looked like an older version of Biana, from her heart-shaped lips to her chocolate brown, luscious hair. The only difference was that Della had cobalt blue eyes, while Biana had teal ones. "They're in the basement. Just take a right and you'll find the stairs." Della left with a smile.

Sophie made her way and climbed down the stairs. On the last step, she tripped on a book and started falling, but was caught by a pair of strong hands. She looked up only to find a pair of emerald green eyes. "Liam?" she exclaimed. "Ms. None Of Your Business, we meet again." he said. "You two know each other?" asked a crisp voice. "Yes.. No, Kind of?" Sophie said, with a crinkle between her eyebrows. "I bumped into him yesterday, while I was at the movies with the girls." Sophie explained. "Didn't you tell me you were busy yesterday, when I asked you out." Fitz said. "I did. And I was busy. With the girls. At Girl's Night." Sophie said, annoyed. "So your friends are more important to you than your boyfriend?" Fitz's face was full of rage. "It's not like that. Biana asked me first. So, I committed to that." Sophie defended herself. "Next time, do what I ask you." Fitz shouted at Sophie. "Well, you don't control me." Sophie shouted back. 

"But, you're MY girlfriend!" Fitz exclaimed. "Not anymore." Sophie ran out, crying. "See what you did?" Biana shouted at her brother. Fitz ran out after her and managed to stop her a the front door. "I'm sorry." He apologized. "For being so possessive and a jerk." He put Sophie's curls, behind her ear. "It's fine." Sophie hugged him and decided to give him another chance before they went back downstairs. 

"Ok. Anyways, this is who I wanted you to meet. Liam. He was my best friend throughout middle school, but shifted to Atlanta three years ago. Now, he's come back." Fitz said. "K." Sophie sighed. "Sophie, Fitz tells me you're adopted." Liam said. "Um.. Yeah." Sophie sighed. "Yeah. I used to be in a foster home. My mom's in jail. I never really knew my father, well until now. My father is Cassius Sencen and me and Keefe are brothers." Liam said. Sophie's jaw dropped. "Half-brothers." Keefe grumbled. "And now, I have to share my room, because my dad didn't want to spare any of his rooms." 

"Oh, so you're grumpy about that?" Sophie asked. "No.. Not that. Because me mom's leaving us because she found out about his existence, which had to mean my dad had an affair with his mom, while my mom was pregnant with me." Keefe said. "I'm so sorry Keefe." Sophie comforted him. "It's fine." he sighed. 

"So, guys? What do you want to do?" Biana asked, trying to break the tension in the air. "We could play hide and seek?" Linh suggested. "Ok? Sure, yeah." Marella said. "Let's play with a twist. Teams of two and everyones's supposed to find everyone. Last team left is the winner?" Biana said. "I'm fine with that." Dex agreed. "Of course you are." Marella smirked. "What's that supposed to mean?" Dex grunted. "Nothing. Can't believe Biana is being as oblivious as Sophie!" Marella giggled. "Why are you bringing me into this?" Sophie grumbled. 

"I call Foster's team!" Keefe shouted, taking advantage of the fight. "Nuh-uh." Biana said. "Let's do chits. Or all the boys will call her team." The annoyance in her voice was highlighted. The teams were- Linh and Keefe, Tam and Sophie, Biana and Dex, Marella and Liam. Fitz was the referee. "Great! Bangs Boy gets Foster!" Keefe grumbled. Sophie laughed at his childishness. 

"So, are we playing only indoors, or outdoors too?" Sophie asked. "Indoors only. Only the basement, first and second floor though. Third floor's off limits. It's our brother, Alvar's. He'll kill us if we go there." Fitz instructed. Everyone laughed. "Ok guys! We have three minutes to find our finding places. Only after that can you out someone from the other teams. When it's over, a loud siren will sound around the house." Fitz said. "Ready, set go!" 

All teams raced in different directions. Tam led Sophie to a secluded room in the basement and pointed to the vent. "Are you serious, Tam?" Sophie raised her eyebrow. "Yup!" he said and crawled into the vent. Sophie followed him. "This way we can hide from everyone and take them from surprise." Tam whispered. "That's actually pretty smart." Sophie said. "Thanks." Tam said. 

They continued crawling when they heard some noises from below. "Shh.. they'll never find us here!" Biana said. Tam and Sophie smirked. "I don't know." Dex said, nervously. Sophie winked at Tam and they both jumped down and tagged Biana and Dex. Now that they were tagged, they had to go back to the reporting area, the basement. "Good luck guys!" Dex told them. 

Sophie and Tam crawled back in the vent and continued their search. Meanwhile, Linh and Keefe were hiding in cupboard in the spare kitchen. "You sure they won't find us?" Linh asked. "Oh, I am sure. I've known this house for like ten years." Keefe said. "I know it even more then my own home." Keefe's eyes turned red. "No one will find us here. The Vackers don't use it ever." 

"Oh. No wonder it's so dusty. But how will we tag anyone?" Linh asked. "Just then, a voice from the speaker said, "Dex and Biana have been tagged by Sophie and Tam." "Well, let's hide here until only one team is left and then we'll go find them." Keefe said. "Let the other teams do the work for us." 

"Smart strategy." Linh told him. Not far away, Marella and Liam were inside Biana's walk in closet. "There are just so many pretty dresses here!" Marella exclaimed. "I'm so going to borrow all of these!" "Um, how about we find a place to hide first?" Liam suggested. "I know just the place!" Marella pointed to a hinged door on the floor. They opened it to find a staircase leading down. They climbed down to find more dresses. "Even more dresses! YAY!" Marella exclaimed. Liam rolled his eyes. They hid behind some dresses and discussed their plan. Just then, Sophie and Tam popped down and tagged Liam and Marella. 

"Marella and Liam have been tagged by Sophie and Tam." the speaker blared. Now, it was just Sophie's Team and Keefe's. "Ok, let's do this Linh!" Keefe said before they got out of the cupboard and ran to Fitz's room. "We'll hide here. There's a mess everywhere." Keefe instructed and they hid themselves under a pile of clothes on the ground. "They are bound to come here. When they do, we'll burst out and tag them." Keefe said. 

Soon enough, Tam and Sophie were there and Linh burst out and tagged Tam, but Sophie was to fast for Keefe and tagged him instead. Now, it was up to Linh and Sophie. They both tackled each other and tagged each other at the same time. They decided to do a rematch. Just the two of them. This time, only the second floor. Sophie headed towards Biana's room and got into the vent. Linh didn't hide though. She started searching for Sophie and entered Biana's room. She heard a scream from behind and turned back to find nothing. But, before she could turn around. Sophie had tagged her and she was on the ground. "WE WIN!!" Sophie exclaimed and in a matter of a minute, everyone was there. 

She high-fived Tam and showed her tongue to Keefe and Linh. They all burst into laughter. Well, this was an interesting Sunday!

Hey Keepers! Hope you enjoyed the extra long chapter of 1625 words! I wanted to thank you all for 1k Reads!