28. Welcome Back! (Part 1)

17th March 2021

(Sophie)

Today was the day. I was going to go home as I had been discharged from the hospital. Keefe had been sent home with a nurse named Romhilda, preferably Ro if you didn't want to die. I had to stay for an extra day because Livvy thought it would be better to have one more day of rest without any distractions.

For most of the stay, me and Keefe talked and when he left, Biana, Linh and Marella came over to talk with me. When, Keefe and me were both in the hospital, all our friends had come over and got us gifts. Over all, the stay wasn't that bad, especially since I was with Keefe most of the time.

Grady signed all the discharge forms and took me home in the car. Midway, he got a huge carton of icecream for us as celebration. I was so excited to go back home and sleep in my own bed.

Well, right now, I wanted to do anything but rest. I had been resting for ten whole days! Grady parked the car in the driveway and I almost jumped outside. "Sophie, don't run. Your body is tired." Grady warned and I tried not to roll my eyes. 

We grabbed my bags and I opened my front door, expecting a gentle a hug from Edaline. Instead, all my friends and their parents yelled "Surprise!!" and suffocated me in a bone-crushing hug.