14. Girl's Night Out

Sophie's excitement was palpable as the cast on her hand had been removed just the day before. Dr. Livvy Sonden had cautioned her to take it easy and not put too much pressure on her hand yet, emphasizing its fragility and the risk of re-injury. Sophie couldn't help but feel a surge of relief and joy, knowing that she could finally move her hand freely after enduring the stiffness for an entire month.

As she happily assisted Edaline in preparing dinner, the familiar ring of the phone interrupted their culinary endeavors. "I'll be right back," Sophie swiftly informed Edaline before rushing to pick up the phone.

"Hey Sophie, it's Biana," a voice greeted her from the other end of the line.

"Hey Bi! Wassup?" Sophie responded cheerfully.

"Not much. Since your cast has finally been removed, I was thinking maybe we could have a girl's night at the movies. Then we'll grab some dinner. Just the four of us. Linh and Marella are in. What do you say?" Biana asked eagerly, her excitement echoing Sophie's own.

Sophie couldn't contain her laughter. "Sure, sounds like a plan! Let me just check with Edaline and Grady first."

"Okie dokie. Call me soon," Biana replied before ending the call.

With a renewed spring in her step, Sophie hurried back to the kitchen where Edaline was diligently cooking, and Grady sat engrossed in a book at the table. "Grady, Edaline?" Sophie addressed them both.

"Yes, dear?" Edaline responded, turning her attention toward Sophie.

"Biana asked if I could join her and the girls for Girl's Night at the movies. Can I go?" Sophie asked, her anticipation evident in her voice.

"Of course, you can, sweetheart," Edaline answered with a warm smile.

Grady interjected with a stern tone, "Just one rule, Sophie. No boys."

Sophie playfully rolled her eyes at her father's remark. "Okay, Dad. No boys. Got it."

"You look fabulous, Sophie!" Linh said before Sophie sat down in the car

"You look fabulous, Sophie!" Linh said before Sophie sat down in the car. "You too." Sophie said and they made their way to the theatre. "So, what movie are we watching?" Sophie asked. "Guess you'll know when you get there." Marella said. 

They were waiting in line for tickets when Biana said she was going to the washroom and Linh went with her. Marella went to get snacks. Sophie stood alone in line, when she tripped and bumped into something. More like someone. "What's a pretty girl like you doing alone at the movies?" he asked. Sophie blushed and tried hard not to look in his emerald green eyes. "I'm here with my friends." she said. "My name's Liam. What's yours?" he asked. "None of your business." Sophie said and looked around for her friends. They were nowhere near. "Ok, none of your business. Guess I'll just have to call you that." he said. 

"Ugh. Just shut up. My name's Sophie." Sophie said, annoyed. "See you Sophie." he said before putting something in Sophie's pocket and ran off. Just then, Marella came back. "Who was that guy?" she asked. "He looks so cute." "I dunno." Sophie said. Biana and Linh came back and they went into the movie theatre.  

An hour later, all four girls came back with tears in their eyes. "Why? Why did he leave her?" they exclaimed. "Come on guys. Let's go get some pizza and ice cream. My treat." Sophie said, generously. 

At the pizza place, at the cash counter, Sophie tried to find the money in her pocket and gave it to the man. There was a note in the pocket too. Sophie opened it to find someone's number scribbled  on it. She sighed. Liam.