8.Regrets (Biana)

I was searching for Sophie behind some palm trees when Keefe shouted, "I found her! Quick! Call 911 and ask them to send an ambulance. She has lost too much blood!" I hurried towards the voice and saw an unconscious Sophie with a pool of blood below her. "I don't want to pick her up. She might have broken bones." said Keefe, his eyes red and watery. 

I couldn't stand the sight of Sophie like that. She didn't deserve so much pain. And this was all my fault. I agree that I only befriended her because my father asked me to. But, even in pretend, I came to know what a nice and understanding friend Sophie could be. She wasn't that boy-chaser who was only friends with me because of Fitz. She might have a huge crush on him, but she is a REAL friend to me. After all these years, I was tired of being in the shadows of my brothers, Alvar, world famous businessman and Fitz, perfect at everything and the lady's charmer. The only reason why people were friends with me was because of Fitz or Alvar. Except Sophie. 

"Biana? Are you okay?" asked Fitz. I realized I was crying. "Yes.. No... What if she doesn't make it? How will I live with the guilt? How will I live without my first real friend?" I broke out, watching the paramedics as they put Sophie on the stretcher.....

Hey! Hope you liked this chapter! Just wanted to show things from Biana's side... It's really deep. For those who thought Biana was a jerk in Book 1 of KOTLC, take this into consideration..