3.First Day- Part 1 (Sophie)

"Bye Grady, Bye Edaline! See you after school!" I said as I ran out to the school bus. I sat down next to Dex. "Hey!" Dex said. "So, what's your first period.. Mine is Chemistry with Ms. Galvin." I said. "Sad.. She's the worst!" said Dex. "I have Astronomy." 

Soon, they reached school. "Can you help me get to my locker, please?" I asked Dex. "Sure" he said and led to my locker. Then he asked me to lick it... I did, reluctantly, and it opened. It tasted like Mallowmelt. "Let's go for the assembly." Dex said, as he dragged me with him. Principal Alina stood there. "Let's welcome our newest prodigy, Sophie Foster." she said, and a light spotlighted me, and everyone was looking.. At me! 

Whispers filled the room. "SILENCE!" said Principal Alina. The noise died down. "You may all proceed to your classes." And with that all the students scurried away. 

I tried to find my  way in the crowd. Finally, I found the Chemistry classroom. "Good Morning, prodigies. I am Ms. Galvin. Today we are going to do a basic project on chemical reactions. Please take a seat and read the instructions given on pg.37 of your chemistry textbook. 

Great! I suck at chemistry. Everything was going fine, until I knocked over the test tube on Ms. Galvin's coat and it exploded. I ducked under for cover, but I was too late. My hand had been hurt and Lady Galvin's coat had been burnt. "Go to the healing center immediately, Ms. Foster." said Ms. Galvin, annoyed. I made my way out of the room and tried to find the healing center. An ice-blue eyed boy with blonde hair was sitting on a bench. 

"Are you lost or are you ditching?" he asked. "It's none of your business." I said. "My guess is you're lost. Where to?" he asked. "I need to go to the healing center." I said, sighing. "Well, you're going the wrong way. Let me take you there." he said. "Don't you have class to get to?" I asked him. "Nah." he said. 

He led me to the healing center. "I didn't quite catch your name." he said. "That's because I didn't tell you. My name's Sophie. Sophie Foster." I said. "What's yours?" 

"My name's Keefe, Foster." he said. "My name is Sophie. Not Foster." I said. "Well, now it is." I sighed. We reached the Healing center. "Elwin! Foster here needs some help!" he shouted. 

A crazy haired man with glasses, wearing a weird outfit came out. "Come in Sophie." he said and I followed. "That's a pretty bad burn. Now, I suggest you cover your nose. And eyes." I nodded in agreement and felt a terrible burn. "Ouch!" I said and flinched a little. "Hold still. How did you burn yourself this badly?" he asked. "Explosion in Chemistry. My hand wasn't so lucky." I said. "And it kinda burnt Ms. Galvin's coat..." 

"THE COAT! You burnt the COAT! I have a feeling you're gonna be my new detention buddy." said Keefe. I groaned. But I had a feeling he was right.