22. After The Kiss

Hey Keepers! Hope you like the new chapter. This chapter is long! Sorry for the short hiatus!

10th February 2021

(Keefe)

It had been more than a month since the kiss. Me and Sophie haven't spoken since. At school, she's never at our table for lunch anymore and if I come even six feet near her she runs away. Neither of us are hanging out with our friend group either. She hangs out with the girls and I hang out with the boys. I miss her. I miss how she speaks. I miss her laugh and beautiful smile. I miss her voice and sarcastic remarks. I miss how her blonde hair shines in the sunlight and her eyes sparkle with those beautiful golden specks. 

Everyday away from her is pain. She's the only one who sees me beneath my jokes. She's the only one who understands my pain. She's the only one who understands me. I need to do something to break the awkwardness. Even if it mean we'll only stay friends. I finished my painting with a final streak of gold, running down her hair. I was making another painting of Sophie. She looked even prettier in reality. 

"Keefe Sencen! Come down immediately. Your wonderful and accomplished friend has come." My father's voice ringed through the speakers. Great! Mr. Perfect-Pants Fitz has come. Just what I needed! (sarcasm) I took the elevator and went downstairs. "Hey man!" Fitz greeted. "Hey bruh! Wassup?" I high-fived him. We took the elevator, to my room on the 234th floor. We sat down on the sofa in front of the television. "Where's Liam, my man?" Fitz asked me. "He's out with his girlfriend." I rolled my eyes. "He didn't tell me. Who's the chick?" Fitz asked. "Maruca Chebota." I said. "She used to be Biana's BFF, until the "Great Foster Incident"." I had named it that. 

"Keefe, you're falling for her hard, aren't you?" Fitz raised an eyebrow. Why'd he have to know me so well. "Um, no. I don't like like Foster." I mumbled and fake laughed. "I never mentioned her." Fitz smirked. "Okay, yes. I do!" I confessed. "Since, when?" he asked. "Since, the day I saw her." I bit my lip, waiting for him to explode. "Man! So- so, you helped me out when we were having relationship problems and asking her for prom. And you liked her all the time?" Fitz asked. I nodded lightly, waiting for him to burst. Instead, he hugged me. "Thank you, Keefe." 

"You helped me out so much. I owe you. I know about the awkwardness after the kiss. So, I have an idea, how you can clear it up." Fitz offered. "It's Valentine's Day in Four days. Ask her to be your Valentine. And I know you are great at proposing. You were the one who gave me the song idea when I asked her for prom." I wanted to hug Fitz right now, so I did. "I am going to do it." I said. "What about you? Anyone special in mind?" I smirked at him. "Yes. Her name's Trella." He said dreamy-eyed. "Fitzroy and Trella sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I teased. "Oh, wait. I just realized something. Trella is the girl who beat you at the basketball championship, right?" He nodded. I threw a pillow on his head and soon I was buried in pillows. 

February 12th 2021

I called Biana. "Hey Keefe." she said. "Hey Bi. I need your help." I said. "If it includes helping you and Sophie get together, I am in. I am so in!" She said. I smiled and explained the plan to her after she squealed about planning our wedding. 

February 14th 2021

(Keefe)

Today was the day. I packed the flowers, red roses. Pretty, just like Sophie. And they blush a lot too. I packed some homemade mallowmelt after speaking to Edaline for the recipe and finally, packed the laminated collage of all the paintings I have ever made of her. I wore my best outfit and got into my car and drove to school. 

After going through four boring periods, I made my way to the storage room, where the plan was about to begin. I couldn't afford to get lunch detention that's why I didn't ditch. 

(Sophie)

I finished another disaster of a Chemistry class and was putting my books in my locker to go to the cafeteria, but I felt a shoulder tapping me. It was Biana. "Hey Biana. Let's walk to the cafeteria together?" I suggested. "Um, no. I have to show you something cool." She pushed me in the direction opposite to the cafeteria. I eyed her suspiciously. Suddenly, she pushed me into a room and I heard a click of a lock. I turned around to see- "Keefe?" 

"Hey Sophie." he said. I was still embarrassed after the kiss. I put my face in my hands and banged at the door. "Biana!! Let me out!" I yelled. "Sophie, please." he stumbled. "I want to tell you something. That's why I asked her to get you here. Please, after that you can go." he pleaded. "I like you. I miss you. Please, talk to me again. I'm so sorry. I didn't know that our kiss was so bad." He broke. "Keefe, no. It wasn't bad. I thought you didn't like me. That's why I couldn't see you. Not when you couldn't be mine." I confessed. I ran into his arms and started crying in his shoulder. He put his hand on y back, comforting me and I kissed him. It was just as amazing as last time, except it was much better. We sat down and he gave me a box of mallowmelt. "How'd you learn how to make this?" I asked him. "Edaline." he said. "She knew! Oh my god! She's going to pester me about it when I go home." I scrunched my eyebrows. He gave me the roses, which made me blush a color darker then the rose. He laughed and we savored the mallowmelt together. "So, Sophie, will you be my Valentine?" he asked. "I wanted to ask at lunch, but I know you don't like the attention." 

He knew me so well. "Will this be answer enough?" I pecked him. He lit up and kissed me back. "So, do you want to go out sometime, this weekend?" He asked. "Of course!" I hugged him and giggled as he started tickling me. I love him so much.