2.New School

Sophie woke up and stretched her legs on her large bed. She brushed her teeth, got ready and went downstairs, smelling something delicious. "Good Morning Edaline and Grady!" she said. "Good Morning Sophie. Today, you are going to your new school." said Grady. "Isn't it a Sunday?" Sophie asked. "Yes, that is why before you start school tomorrow, Principal Alina wants to show you the school. 

"Oh. When are we leaving?" asked Sophie. "In about 15 minutes.. once you have your breakfast. Only Grady will come with you though. I have to finish some work at the sanctuary. I am really sorry, Sophie." said Edaline. "It's completely fine. You have no reason to be sorry." said Sophie. 

She grabbed her breakfast and headed to the car with Grady. 15 minutes later, they reached the huge school. "Woah. This place is huge.." Sophie said, as she got out of the car with Grady. "Yes, it is. Even me and Edaline studied here." he said. 

They walked towards the gate, where two boys were standing, holding a sign saying, "Welcome Sophie!" "Dex, what are you doing here?" asked Grady. "Hello Uncle Grady! Principal Alina asked me to give Sophie a tour of the school." a periwinkle eyed, boy said. "Hi.. I am Fitz! Me and Deck will show you the school." a teal eyed mini version of Alden said. 

"It's Dex, Wonderboy!" said Dex angrily. "Hey!" said Fitz. They both continued grumbling. "Is this how you greet the new girl! Keefe would have done a better job!" said Principal Alina. "Sorry, Principal Alina." they both said. 

They led Sophie inside the school. "Hi Fitz. Your dad is Alden Vacker, right? He's my social worker." Sophie asked. "Yes, he is." Fitz said in his crisp voice. "This school is huge." said Sophie. "So, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?" said Dex. "I'm from San Francisco. After my parents and sister died in a car crash, I moved in here with Grady and Edaline." Sophie said, sadly, almost breaking down in tears. 

"I am sorry for asking." said Dex. "No, it's fine. Don't worry about it." said Sophie, tugging an eyelash. "So, what grade are you in?" asked Sophie. "I'm a freshman and he's a junior." said Dex. "I'm a freshman too." said Sophie. 

After the complete tour, they headed back to the entrance. "Thanks, Dex and Fitz! See you tomorrow!" Sophie said, waving. Grady and Sophie drove back home.