♕𝐖𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐞♛

After everything everyone had gathered up in Audrey's room trying to figure out ways to wake her.

Vanessa's strength was weakened at the moment after it was drained by the ember and Mal was only half Hades so her magic wouldn't be enough to wake Audrey.

Vanessa had separated herself from everyone just gathering herself with Henry, Phil, Pain, and Panic.

She hasn't spoken to Mal or the twins still not being able to believe what had happened and it didn't help that her mother knew about this as well.

"You had to go ahead and die didn't you?" Phil exclaimed as he looked over to Henry after he was all caught up with what happened and he hadn't stopped complaining since.

"Are you still not letting go?" Henry huffed at Phil sitting beside Vanessa who was still trying to recover from the whole event.

"Of course not! Your parents are going to come at me for this!" Phil shook his head as he grumbled towards Henry pacing in front of the two thinking back on how his parents sent him to help train him and protect him.

"Well it was either I save her or she ends up falling in. What was I supposed to do?" Henry turned to him explaining the options he was left with before asking him.

"I don't know but did you not learn from her mistake? She died down in the ocean just because she fell in love. And the only reason her mother did come after me was because she was there." Phil shrugged not knowing how to respond to him before he gestured to Vanessa who had looked up at him with tired eyes as she felt Nick glancing over to her. 

"Why? Why must I be involved in this conversation?" Vanessa sighed not having it in her to argue with the older man.

"Because I need someone else to be an example of dumb actions and you're the closest one." Phil responded as he turned to her not being able to really explain himself.

"I may be tired and drained but I am and can be able to throw this." Vanessa rolled her eyes before she picked up a glass vase that was beside her which led to Phil raising his arms in defense rushing behind Pain and Panic.

Vanessa set the vase back down before covering her face trying her best to gain her strength back but her emotions ran her as too much to allow her that.

Henry looked down to his hands still seeing the power it ran in them but he couldn't help to question himself what he had thought of when saving Audrey.

Mal was barely able to look at her sister in the eye after everything knowing she had messed up their bond.

Nick had felt awful for not telling Vanessa earlier what everyone was planning to do after everything they had gone through and not having her even speak on word to him when she found out what something that brought worry to him for what it meant for the two.

Before the others gathered up Celina had tried to speak with her daughter but Vanessa wouldn't crack after hearing that her mother was aware of the plan for the barrier and Isle.

She has been trying to find a way to apologize but Vanessa was not for speaking to anyone else at the moment.

Everyone of the adults were in a separate room trying to see what they could be able to do.

"She's slipping away." Evie sighed seeing how Audrey was not being able to wake up and it's been hours now.

"Vee, do you have a spell that would help?" Jay asked his best friend, figuring she may have a spell or could use her Hades power to help them out.

"Even if I could I wouldn't trust my powers right now. He's in his position because my powers have messed themselves during everything." Vanessa shook her head glancing over to Henry who sent her an assuring smile but Vanessa wouldn't be able to bear it if anything else would happen to Audrey because of her powers.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades." Mal glanced between Vanessa and Evie knowing what they were going to have to do.

"Hades? He wouldn't do it." Ben questioned looking over to Mal in shock before shaking his head knowing there was no possibility.

"He may for his daughter." Nick commented to his brother before the two glanced over to Vanessa who already was looking over to them seeing where it was going.

"I wouldn't risk it still. And how do we know if he'd do it?" Ben shook his head trying to weigh the options of having Hades on the Isle.

"Well your majesties you two have no option but to ask because this Hades doesn't have the strength to wake Audrey." Vanessa huffed responding to Ben after glancing over to her older sister having no expectation of her saying anything about the matter but it seemed she was wrong.

"He might do it for Vee and I. . . he's my father too." Mal took a breath as Evie and Vanessa turned to her along with Henry but upon finding out a shock came across everyone.

"That makes so much sense!" Pain and Panic turned to each other exclaiming before Phil covered their mouths seeing the looks they got and after everything learned not to make a comment on the situation any longer.

"So that means. . ." Carlos stumbled on his words looking between Vanessa and Mal not being able to believe it.

"That my own sister spelled me? Yes. Yes it does." Vanessa questioned with a sarcastic grin trying her best to not show any emotion before shaking her head going over to the door stepping away from anyone who tried to talk to her.

"If closing the barrier is permanent. . . then I'm staying at the Isle." Vanessa stopped herself from leaving before turning to everyone knowing she couldn't just leave the kids in the Isle after promising them a better life.

"Vee. . ." Evie tried to call out to her but Vanessa left not being able to stay there any longer.

"I'll go talk to her."

After a while Evie went after Vanessa and no one else dared to go especially the twins and Mal knowing the only that would be able to get through speaking with Vanessa was Evie.

Carlos and Jay spoke with one another trying to see what was going to happen next while Uma and Harry headed over to Henry trying to see how he felt during everything.

~~❦~~

Published~ December 27, 2020