♕𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞♛

Vanessa was in her room trying to sort out her mind not knowing what to do with herself. She knew making that call was probably a rash thing to do but she also knew that the kids in the Isle didn't deserve to have their promise taken away either.

"Vee!" Evie called out for her best friend as she entered the room seeing her sitting over at her sitting area.

"Yes?" Vanessa sighed looking over to her blue haired best friend not moving from her seat though she didn't have to since Evie went to sit beside her.

"It may be a dumb question but are you okay?" Evie smiled sadly over to Vanessa already knowing the answer just from her facial expression. "Absolutely not. I don't even know what I'm more upset about. That we may have to break our promise to the kids, the guy I'm engaged to had kept this from me, or that my sister lied to me and spelled me." Vanessa shook her head thinking about everything as she hugged tight to her pillow.

"Yeah I get what you mean. . . trust me I'm upset with Mal too but we can't hold anger towards each other without talking about it. We have to remember that we're all family." Evie held Vanessa's hand knowing that their love was stronger than anger. 

"I get that E but I think that's what makes it worse. For years the only thing we all had close as a family was each other and we've never done anything like this to hurt that bond." Vanessa sighed looking over to the picture of the five of them.

"I know." Evie agreed seeing what she meant and she knew there wasn't something that can make it better.

"And I just think I'm more mad at myself because I've kept something from the boys." Vanessa turned back to her best friend knowing hiding the fact that her and Mal were sisters was going to cause something.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sure they understand why. I mean we all know Mal never had the best relationship with her father. . . well your guys' father." Evie assured her since it wasn't much of a secret.

"I guess. . ." Vanessa agreed with a small voice as Evie brought them into a small hug seeing that they both needed it.

For a while the two best friends sat there just sitting in silence not knowing what to say.

They had been just thinking about everything that has happened and what could possibly happen after they hopefully have Audrey back to herself and awake.

"Are you sure you want to stay at the Isle?" Evie looked over to Vanessa after a while mentioning what she told everyone earlier.

"I have to E. I can't just turn my back on them." Vanessa responded with a head shake knowing there was no way she could leave the kids on the Isle.

". . .Then I'll go back too." Evie smiled turning to her best friend seeing what she meant and she didn't want to leave her.

"No. Evie, you have always dreamed of being here in Auradon. I can't just take you away from here." Vanessa turned to her blue haired best friend knowing her well enough.

"Love you, Vee."

"Love you, E."

The two smiled at each other with tears in their eyes before leaning in to another hug knowing that there may be a chance this would be their last time seeing each other.

"Oh gosh I don't even know how I'll tell Uma and the boys about the whole Mal and dad thing." Vanessa sighed after they had separated from their hug while Evie patted her back seeing she was thinking very much about this.

"Yeah, we already knew." Uma responded as she and Harry leaned on the wall having the girls turn to them in surprise since they didn't even hear them walk in.

"Well, I'll leave you guys at it." Evie shook her head seeing that they all had to spend their own time before she gave Vanessa one last hug leaving them.

"How'd you guys know?" Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows looking over to them in confusion as they sat beside her after they heard the door close.

"Thorn, you two don't make it hard to figure out. . . also Gil overheard you two once and you know he's not the best at keeping secrets." Harry scoffed with a small smirk setting his hook down as he explained how they knew.

"Also why do you think I haven't tried to destroy Mal by now?" Uma jokingly questioned Vanessa trying to ease the tension which worked as the three shared a small laughter.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys first. You three are my family as well." Vanessa frowned as she apologized to the two knowing if they ever found out it would have been better hearing it from her instead.

"Hey, it's alright don't worry. . .But we do have one thing to say as your family." Uma assured her with a small smile hugging her before she shared a look with Harry while Vanessa wondered what they had to say.

"You should stay here." Uma continued turning back to Vanessa as Harry agreed while Vanessa had a confused expression.

"Vanessa, you've always wanted to come back here and we understand that you're mad but you shouldn't let that drive your decisions." Harry tried to explain after taking note of his best friend's expression.

"But I can't just leave you three to handle the Isle on your own." Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows looking between the two knowing they were good leaders but she couldn't just leave them.

"Yes but you can't leave the others either. We know you want to be with all of us but Auradon needs someone like you." Uma nodded with a small smile holding Vanessa's hand as Harry agreed knowing Uma was right.

"Do they? Do they really need me?" Vanessa huffed, questioning them thinking about everything that had happened barely hours ago looking down at her bracelet her mother gave her and the engagement ring.

"Hey no matter what has happened and the mistake they made they do still care about you." Harry shook his head trying to assure her while Vanessa knew he was right but it was hard to admit.

". . .I thought you hated them?" Vanessa chuckled softly looking over to her blue eyed best friend which Uma joined in with taking note of her joke.

"I can still not like them even if I compliment them." Harry held his hand up in defense only rising their laughter between the three breaking the tension a bit more.

"I don't know what I'm going to do. . . I need to think about it. I need more time."

~~❦~~

Published~ December 27, 2020