𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Chapter 12- Mine

-------------------------------------------

(Still in the secret garden)

"There's only average and clearly made-up information about her, she's definitely hiding somethin', none of this sits right with me." Xavier said.

"But why would she need a fake identity? I mean she's just a student here." I said.

"Unless she's not." Xavier said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean if Axel could get in here with money, anyone can." Xavier explained.

No, right, he has a point, if my family could pay extra to get Axel in, then literally any other rich people could, so how she got in wasn't the point, why she needed to get in is the point.

"Xavier, I need to know why she's here, and I need to know who's she." I said with a stronger voice.

"How deep you need me to go?

"As deep as you can, but same rules with me, no dad, no Axel." I said.

"Loud and clear, this might take time, and we better not do it on phones, I'll send my people to you, I'll give you a call before it though." he said.

"What about Deanna Falcon, do you still need anything about her?" he added.

"Yeah, I do, I need to know who she killed."

"No problem."

"Thank you." I said.

"Don't say thank you, you know I work for money and money only." Xavier hung up afterward.

-------------------------------------------

"Meow." the kitten from this morning came by and said.

"Oh hello, beauty." I picked him up and said.

I looked around again to make sure no one was around.

"Now I know Beretta really did kill someone and this Velvet gangster came to me and somehow threatened me... what should I doooooooooooo!!!"

"Meow, meow."

"Yeah, you've got your point, but I mean it's not that bad, like, I know my mom's not gonna like this, but, I'm totally ready to risk it all for her."

"Meow?"

"My career? Is not like we have to tell the world that I'm having an 'affair' with a girl from a mafia, people don't have to know everything about me."

"Meeeeeoooow." the cat yawned.

"You think I'm annoying too? Ughhhh!!!" I buried my head into the kitten's fur.

-------------------------------------------

I used to think that the TikTok guy was the worst thing that happened to me but now this whole situation really brought 'disaster' to another level, I sometimes really wonder if my family is really that clueless, or they just don't want to admit it, I've never been boy crazy about anyone at school and literally, all I do is talk about how hot the popular female singers and actresses are.

About a year ago, I did the dumbest thing in life to slide into a girl's dm, and then she posted that message everywhere, lucky for me the text looked simply friendly and sounded like I was being nice to a fan only, but still, gay rumors and theories showed up everywhere and my mom wasn't quite enjoying it, so she signed a contract without informing me, next moment I knew I was dating this Tiktok-famous dude whose fans were all like seven.

The plan worked out just fine in the beginning but as soon as the media realized they never got a picture of us being intimated, they were angry, because what other purposes could celebrities' relationships offer other than popcorn and unrealistic couple expectations? He said he was tired of pretending, he actually got someone who he loved, he was forced to be in the deal, so for the best for each other, we split up, with the excuse of 'we're better off being friends', but to be honest, we have never spoken since then, I mean it's all just business, yes kids, fame is scary.

-------------------------------------------

"Am I interrupting anything?" a phone call from Leah broke my ponding.

"No, you're not, I'm not doing anything just now."

"Is everything alright? You don't usually go directly to Sir Xavier." she asked.

Oh fuck, I forgot I asked for Xavier's number through Leah.

"There's nothing you have to worry about, you know, just like what dad does all the time, basic background checks on people to be safe, it's nothing worth mentioning." I tried to explain in the most reasonable way.

"Do I have to notice sir?" she asked.

"No, absolutely not necessary, I'm doing alright, splendid, indeed, if there's anything I'll tell dad myself."

"Okay... If you say so, have a nice day." Leah hung up.

Like I've said earlier Leah is a maid who's been working for my family for a long while, I don't really talk to her a lot as most of the times she's with my mom and dad, and if I need anything from her, usually Axel would've asked her for me, so I don't know her that well, but she's definitely the caretaker of all, she cares about us too much that I'm for sure it'd just be a matter of time until she tells my dad that I've called Xavier.

-------------------------------------------

"Someone's been naughty."

"Beretta!" I heard her voice and quickly recognized it.

"You're not mad at me?" I asked.

"What would I be, baby?" she asked and pulled me closer.

"How'd you know I'm here?"

"Well, you're not in our class, and your boyfriend said you aren't in your room, and you're also not in my bed... so this is the only place you could be at." she joked.

"I'm really sorry I acted weirdly earlier... I didn't mean to..." I tried to bring up what happened this morning.

"Hey, don't apologize for that, you did nothing wrong, princess. If you're not ready, no worries, I can wait, we, can wait." she softly caressed my hand like she did the night we went to Velvet Vibes Emporium.

I've never felt that way with anyone before, the stream of warmth that traveled through my body is electrical, it's tingling, it's triggering every part of me but in a comfy way, or I should say... Beretta's giving me butterflies in my stomach, Woah.

"Are you alright?" she asked as she saw me lost in something.

"Yeah." I said but then quickly grabbed her close enough for a long kiss.

"That's not enough." I still hold her face with both of my hands, moving down her neck and planted a kiss that's lingering on her neck, or less poetically, a hickey, a mark of my ownership.

"Damn." Beretta looked at my proud face and giggled with me.

-------------------------------------------

(to be continued...)