𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Chapter 1- Setting Out

-------------------------------------------

I'm Neveah, you might know me from some top-notch fashion magazines the trendy kids read every month, or some interviews streaming on television shows anytime, anywhere.

You might hear my name when they mention,

"The world new supermodel" When my name is aligning with Gigi Hadid.

Or somebody screaming my name in the middle of the street when I walk out of my mansion in New York.

"Neveah Clancy, new worldwide and young supermodel."

The headlines they put on their magazines, the billboards you see every single day during your trip back to work or school, even if you don't know my name, my face wouldn't be unfamiliar to you.

Exaggerated journalists called me 'The Money Tree', it wasn't a hundred percent unreasonable, money does come in handy to me.

But, I want to be simple sometimes.

Being flattered to somebody that you don't want to be isn't anything nice, I might be an independent entrepreneur from the world's perspectives, still, I'm just a confused seventeen-years-old girl who's searching for a place reserved for me to go, I'm still figuring who and what I am, I'm still exploring my true self. Yet, I'm just an ordinary person, I feel lonely, I suffer, I don't always glow nor shine like I am in front of cameras.

-------------------------------------------

(In my New York home)

"Nev!" she called.

"Yes, mom?" I replied to my mom's calling from upstairs.

"Come here sweetie, I got things to tell you." She said.

Putting my MacBook back on the table, I tip the handrail before moving for another step to the first floor of my mansion, yeah, my mansion. My career, my effort, my money, my house, fair enough to call it mine, right?

"What's it?" I asked.

"You're going to transfer school tomorrow!" My mom exclaimed.

"What?" I wasn't ready for such a huge thing to come around.

"Why mom? The school I'm going to is nice, I'm happy, I have friends there, I get good grades!" I try my best to convince her to stay, but I clearly know this isn't a choice, it's a command in any way.

"Your dad and I are going to have a huge project coming up, the TV Series 'Fashion's Talent'. We need to meet the production team in San Diego, we will be filming, organizing the show there for approximately at least 6 months." Mom explained.

"But you could've told me earlier?" I said in a whiny tone.

"Oh sweetie, It would be a pity to leave your friends, but it's for business, you know how business matters as much as we do right honey? And they don't always come with alerts." she giggled.

"Yes, mom... But... Never mind." I tossed out my last thought of begging, did I forgot to mention? My mom is that woman who gives birth to me, raises me, and also my manager at the same time. So she basically has the best excuse in the world to manipulate every single tiny thing in my life.

"We have 5 hours before we actually leave, take your time, but beware of the paparazzi and..."

"The psycho stalkers and crazy fans. I know mom." I interrupted her reminder and take my shiny sunglasses from my shelf, and walk out of my luxurious villa with my bodyguard.