𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Chapter 16- Coincidence

-------------------------------------------

(Still at the school hall)

"Further details will be posted on the school's notice board and here I wish you, fellow students, a pleasant weekend, and looking forward to seeing you soon." Principal Palmer wrapped his speech several minutes later.

------------------------------------------

"Did you hear that? A party???" I was still shocked by the fact that I'm getting a party next week.

"Now this time you know not to leave me alone 'standing like a statue' again?" he quoted me in a sarcastic tone.

"Now this time you know to get a fucking date." I bit back.

"Hey, didn't you say to ask Fern how old is she? Maybe she could be my date." Axel asked.

"NO!" I reacted like I've seen a scary bug.

"What? She's still a minor? I won't ask her to be my date then, chile." he replied.

"No, not that, she's indeed above the age of consent, even older to mention." I explained.

"Then what's the fuss, you said she seems nice, and I do think so too."

"Plus it's not like we're actually going to date, it's just a ball." he added.

"It's just my instinct that... I got bad vibes." I said.

"Says the one who set us up." he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, just, watch it, don't tell her too much, I need a break from this." I said then turned away.

"Too much?" Axel whispered in question while following me.

------------------------------------------

I think is quite about time that I seriously need to tell Dean and Beretta about Fern Velvet as they're leaving tonight, Fern should be mentioned to their father together with Howard, they're planning something, lurking.

I told Axel to grab me something from the cafeteria so I could sneak out and find Dean, my heart is racing and my brain is struggling to put things into words, I'm rehearsing with myself so it sounds less suspicious when I say it out loud.

------------------------------------------

(At the boys' house)

I stopped at the boys' house's resting lobby and saw Dean standing in the kitchen with several other people, he's making PB&J.

"You've got a visitor, vip." one of the boys hit Dean with his elbow and said.

"Neveah? Whatchu doing here?" he asked with his mouth stuffed with the sandwich.

"Can we talk? Alone." I said.

"Damn! How many days she's in this school and you've already hit the jackpot?" the same boy acclaimed.

"Shut up, Kyle." Dean swallowed his sandwich and told the boy.

"Yeah, sure, let's go outside." he said.

We walked out of the building and he casually led me to the secret garden, is it a sibling thing? They both walk with the same gestures.

------------------------------------------