𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Chapter 3-  Concerns

-------------------------------------------

(Outside the airport)

"Neveah! Here please!" The annoying paparazzi again, not trying to blame them, since this is their job, I appreciate how much effort they put in their responsibilities, but damn girl, their stalking is so awful, and disturbing to my personal life, nevertheless, that's the basic life of being a superstar.

"Neveah has just landed, she's exhausted, so are we, so sorry, please let us get by!" Axel announced as loud as he can in front of me, widely spreading his two arms, keeping my family and me away from the crowds.

"Is that true you're quitting modeling?" Somebody around me with a camera asked.

"Are you studying at Pensive High School for the next few months?"

"Are you currently dating anyone?"

Questions, personal questions, absurd questions, that's my daily life, listening to the world's bullshit, their weird assumptions about me, and pop-up scandals coming up from nowhere, ridiculous rumors about who am I dating or even marrying, this earth is a place where people enjoys popcorn and don't even care if they are true or not.

"That's it, we need to take a rest and we need to head to our accommodation before it's too late, thank you!" Axel said in loud voice once again.

-------------------------------------------

(In my car, FINALLY)

After several constrain in the crowds, we've made into the car and leaving the area of the airport.

"So sweetie, we've got bad news for you." Mom said.

"What's it?" I asked.

"You and Axel will be staying at the dorm on the campus since dad and I don't have time to take care of you every day, I'm so sorry, sweetheart, but we're busy..."

"It's totally ok mom!" I couldn't suppress my thrill, staying in a dorm means getting away from my mom's manipulation, I'm finally free from the cage! I can smell freedom and hope in my breath!

"We're so sorry, sweetie." Dad apologized again.

"No, don't be sorry, I'm absolutely fine about that!" I said in a high tone.

"It's a relief to hear that, baby." my dad turned around and smiled.

Taking out my phone, I've promised Kace to text him when I arrived in San Diego, I'm a woman of my words, I swiftly type in all the things I've forgotten to tell him over my messages, waiting for them to display "Seen".

"Ding." My cell phone rang within a second.

-------------------------------------------

K: Did your flight delayed?
N: Yeah it did, I'm so tired right now, what's worst, school starts tomorrow.
K: oh shoot, that ain't good, are you staying in the dorm or what?
N: Good news. I'm staying in the dorm.
K: Finally free girl! Time for hunting for chicks!
N: I'm nervous Kace.
K: No, don't be scared. Be enlivened about your new journey. Dating is fun, animated. Don't miss your shot to find a girlfriend! Please, count that as a favor for me.
N: I will, for you, Kace.
K: Not for me, for yourself, have fun and take care Nevvy, I miss you.
N: I miss you more.

-------------------------------------------

I let the windows pane down, seeing all the trees passing by our car, the bright sun shining and illuminating the ground, my feelings are mixed and knotted, having a chance to be a normal student in high school was one of my biggest dreams before, and now it's coming true, I should be enraptured about it, but more likely, I'm startled about a new school, new people, and new unexpected shit happening.

Will they ruin my life? My career?
My reputation? Can people get me in trouble? Will people hate me because of who I am?

-------------------------------------------

There's too much to think about, it's already making me dizzy by just imagining, honestly, I really try to make myself hyped for a new chapter of life, but I'm panicked, I've locked myself up in my comfort zone for too long, so-called 'Keeping myself clean' was massive bullshit and disaster for building up my healthy and balanced teenage life, guess I need to face the consequences right?

Having no confidence in meeting new people and challenges, is devastating, in any ways.

Mom and dad stopped after a few hours of driving at the front gate of a school campus, it's just still afternoon though, weather in San Diego is great and refreshing, the sky is so blue and beautiful.

-------------------------------------------

(At the school gate)

"So kids, school starts tomorrow, go and unpack your stuff and get ready for the next day. Axel, can you pick those things to Neveah's room for us?" Dad said while parking his car in the lot.

"Sure, sir." Axel nodded and said.

"Oh, and you need to go to the counter and ask for a guide called Jax, he will be your guide here on the campus and also your classmate." Mom reminded.

"Thank you, mom and dad, what about Leah?" I asked while glancing back at Leah.

"I will be staying with Madam and sir, at the accommodation." Leah answered.

"Oh, I see, take care, Leah." I hugged her before leaving the car.

Axel and I leave the car and get to the car's trunk, taking the backpacks and luggage we have, shamelessly most of the things are mine and Axel is literally taking all of them for me.

"You ok with taking so many things?" I asked for confirmation.

"Oki-Doki, I do exercise a lot, Nev." He rolls his eyes.

Taking a few leisure strolls with Axel, we've reached the counter of the campus, knocking on the windowpane of the counter, a concierge pops out from nowhere and completely freaks me out.

-------------------------------------------

(The school's counter)

"Hi, I'm Jax. Your tour guide here." He leans his hand forward and gestured for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Neveah." I shook his hand, he was a big piece of snack, his brunette hair in curly style, he is cute, his freckles are perfectly placed there on his delicate face, if I wasn't gay, I would want him so bad.

"Hi, I'm Axel." Axel shook his hand as well.

"Welcome both of you to our school, let me lead you guys to your dorm before we look around the campus." Jax said and leads our way.

"The campus is pretty huge." Axel said.

"It is, we've different facilities here, and legend says, the library is a sacred place for skipping class." Jax joked.

"Why the library?" I asked.

"There's a rumor saying that inside the library, there's a secret passage which links to the small forest outside our campus." Jax speaks softly.

"Have you try using it?" Axel asked.

"Nah, I don't skip class." Jax laughed.

"No way! Skipping class is fun!" Axel said.

Jax is a nice guy, charming, seems to someone that would comfort you when you're sad or heartbroken, somehow makes me feel like maybe opening up to people might not be that hard.

My first day in school ends here, meeting up a new great person called Jax Harmon, I believed. Badex High School will be home for a few months, or even longer, and I'm ready for my upcoming chapters of me, Neveah, staying here.

-------------------------------------------

(to be continued...)