𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Chapter 13- Harmons

-------------------------------------------

(Still in the secret garden)

"Suddenly you're so clingy." Beretta said, sitting next to me on a log, looking at her hickey using the front camera of her phone.

"Something's on your mind?"  she added.

"Well, a lot of things are on my mind but, they don't matter, much." I said.

"Could you happen to know Fern, Fern Bowery? She's in the same class as us." I asked.

"Yeah, she's a transfer student, what? Got an eye on her already?" she joked.

"Oh shut up, no, just curious, you know." I almost slipped out the conversation I had with Xavier.

"Plus, it's Axel who's interested, not me." I added.

"Try'na hooks your boyfriend up with her... so you could get rid of him... finally?" she joked again.

"Stop it, he's a sweet man." I poked her and said.

"What about Jax Harmon? Your brother looked weird when I mentioned him earlier." I asked.

She halted after the name Jax Harmon slipped out of my mouth,

"Right, Jax Harmon." she repeated the name.

"Let me tell you a story about this place, it started years and years ago." she took a deep breath.

Okay, now what the hell is going on again.

"Well, to begin with, I totally don't understand why your rich parents put you here, cause god knows how filthy this town and this school are, but anyway, the story." she paced a little further away and said.

"My father, my grandfather, basically everyone in my family studied here, we've got a long history with this town, but that's a story for another time. I bet Dean told you a bit about us, innit?" she looked and asked.

I softly nodded, so she knew all the way long that Dean told me something the Unfazed Ds, and her British accent made a comeback, which is utterly hot.

"Long before the Velvet Roses or even us have grown, there were the Harmons, they were here, and no one knows since when they've been here, rumors said the Harmons were part of the governors here, they used this town for money laundering, but they're like quiet beasts lurking in the jungle, they don't jump out and wear you down, they wait for prey to appear and tear them apart." she continued.

So now you're saying almost everyone in this school has a background? Even the innocent-looking school guide? Jeez.

"So you're suggesting that Jax Harmon is a threat to you, so Dean's cautious with him?" I asked.

"Not exactly, be patient, kitten, let me finish the story." she sniggered.

"Until the day, us, the Ds, started to gain influence and the Harmons were threatened, I guess, but out of everyone's predictions, they disappeared, gone, without a single trace of where they're possibly at, but everybody just lived on, suddenly this town was peaceful." she said.

"Then years passed by when the Harmons were almost being forgotten, Jax Harmon returned." she added.

"No one knows his intentions, no one knows what the Harmons are planning."

"He's not only a threat to us, but he's also a threat to everyone." she concluded.

"But he seems so... harmless, maybe he's just an ordinary dude who happens to have the last name Harmon?" I stated.