𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

Chapter 27- Crooks
-------------------------------------------

(Still in the Falcon manor)

"You're a fascinating teenager," Dacre said as he was looking at me across the room while we got back.

"See, I told you, Anders, it's always nothing good when we come back," Dean whispered.

"Here's what we're going to do now," he said.

"I won't put sugar on this situation cause I think we're all mature enough in this room to see the clear picture, lady. Mrs. and Mr. Clancy are playing some sort of games that aren't presentable, I would say." Dacre never lost his sense of elegance, not even now.

"Now, I apologize in advance for questions that offend you but I have no choice but to ask, my intention was not to discomfort you, but if it does, again, my apologies," he said.

"How well do you know your parents?" he began asking.

I took a moment to ponder before answering,

"I know enough about them."

"Elaborate on that, please."

"I know what they do, I know what they love, what they hate," I said.

"That's enough for you? I wished you were my child, cause these two never stop asking when they were younger." he chuckled, which is giving me Loki vibes.

"Maybe that's a question too broad, let's narrow this down, shall we? Why did you transfer to this particular school, Badex High has its infamous name within the mafia world, it's a pre-battlefield for the young blood, don't you think that's a little weird?" Dacre continued asking.

"I don't know, my mom's my manager, she has the best reason in the world to control me, and I never question what she plans for me," I replied.

"I assume you know Badex is funded and built by the Harmons, do your parents know any Harmons?" he asked again.

"No, my family is small, we don't have a lot of relatives," I said.

"Anything happened lately?" Okay, now this is getting more like an interrogation as I could feel the aggression in Dacre's voice, which is scaring me.

"You're scaring her, father." Beretta saw me getting uncomfortable and spoke up, which did make me feel more relieved and warm at that moment.

"My fault. No harsh feelings." Dacre coughed and said.

"Well, last time I saw my maid walking into the school's administration building with the principal, Dean was there as well." this sparkled in my head.

"Oh yeah, I left early. What happened next?" Dean asked.

"I followed them and watched them get it, then Jax Harmon suddenly appeared from nowhere and told me to get back to class," I said.

"But he's my school guide after all so I didn't suspect much," I added.

"What's the name of your maid?" Dacre asked.

"Leah, Leah Sanchez," I said.

"That's a new name, means we're getting somewhere. Woodson, tell the Trinities to start working. Do you know your grandparents?" Dacre ordered Woodson on the side and kept on asking.

"Yeah, we visit their graves regularly, at least twice a year. They all passed away before I was born, I never got to see them, well, in pictures, only." I said.