𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

Chapter 32- Double Kill

-------------------------------------------

Writer's notes:

Miss me not? Uni has been rough on me but I'm back now! I swear I will finish the story, it's just a matter of time eventually, so please bear with me!

A little recap: (It's been a long time, sorry!)

The school's anniversary party (ball) is around andddddd Beretta called Neveah to her room at the end of the last chapter.

-------------------------------------------

(On the way to Beretta's room)

Panic. That's the only word that capacitated my mind while I physically dragged myself and Axel to Beretta's room. 

Beretta's voice, the seriousness in her tone, I haven't heard that for a while, not since our little secret moments in the janitor's room. 

"What's going on?" Axel asked with his arm pulled.

"Emergency." 

"What kind of?"

"The kind if you don't shut your mouth now you'll be in."

"Okay, ma'am, chill." Axel still hasn't got the hang of this rapid and dramatic lifestyle ever since Beretta and her seven gangs stepped foot into ours, mine, to be precise.

The walk or run to Beretta's room seems excessively long, how excruciating that every time I've been summoned to this room, it's never good news.

-------------------------------------------

"What's going on?" Forget the whole secret code thing, I practically slammed the door open, 

"I thought we weren't allowed to say that line, but okay." Axel shrugged.

"You're fucked." Dean surprisingly was the first one to comment something dramatic this time, and what that means, I don't know, but definitely not good.

"The trinities just came by and gave us the report." Beretta has her hand on her forehead, in contrast, she seemed unrealistically calm, it got me wondering whether they've switched bodies.

The report, of my maid. The maid that I've known for life, what could be special or suspicious about her? Or am I being oblivious to the elephant in the room? Am I just deliberately ignoring the fact that she isn't innocent, and neither is my mom- or even my dad? 

"Nev." Beretta snapped me back from zoning out.

Dean grabbed the report from under his bed and lay it out on the desk, we four then gathered around it.

-------------------------------------------

Name: Leah Sanchez (formerly known as Lia Chezman)

Age: 40

Occupation: Maid, former CNI agent

Location: San Diego (Unable to track details)

Additional: Participated in the 2007 civil strife, Project 202, later revolt against the intelligence, has been working for the Clancy family since 2012

-------------------------------------------

"What's Project 202?" Axel asked.

"It's a project Mexico and the United States put together about two decades ago." A voice that didn't come out from the four faded in, it was Dacre.

"Forgot to tell you, father's on the phone with us." Dean added.

"Apologies if I scared you. The project was confidential, and the CIA, CNI, and the ICPO (Interpol) kept that away from the public, that project was a miserable failure, wasted taxpayers' money, they only have a meager amount of information recorded, and most of them are discarded. But we did find left scraps of the project, which indicates that it was about an extermination of mafias, taking place back in 1999." Trinity continued.

"Mafia extermination?" I asked.

"Yes, indeed. But that's the only thing we could trace." Dacre explained.

"That's peculiar," Beretta said.

"Deanna, I reckoned you know what's the circumstance, and I trust you this time to handle it well," Dacre spoke on the other side of the phone, seems like that little fight between Beretta and her father took some progress.

"Yes, father," she answered and Dacre hung up.

"How do we put it in a way so you wouldn't get a heart attack..." I found Beretta whispering to herself at a volume that was meant for me to hear.

"You could just tell me straight away, I swear I can take it," I said, I was utterly frustrated and nervous, I barely understood half of those conspiracies they mentioned.

It was dead silence in the room, never once in a space occupied by Axel AND Dean at the same time was it this silent, it's like time froze and I could hear my heartbeat louder than ever, it echoes.

-------------------------------------------

"I think, you- your family has a lot to do with the Harmons- They might be, um, the Harmons themselves, Nev." Axel was the first to break the tense air. 

I was relieved that someone had to end this awkwardness - but then my brain processed what he said, I was shocked, and then I was terrified. My mom being Jax Harmon's guardian, Leah revolting the CIA for my family after mafia extermination- what else is left there to be defended?

"What?" I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my knees, I lost my balance and collapsed on the floor, I didn't even mean to do it, my body responded in a way I have no control over.

"Nev." Beretta was the first to get down on the floor and checked if I was okay, I couldn't dare to look up and reach her eye line.

"It's just a hypothesis- I- I mean I'm definitely wrong like- dude there's no way that-" Axel quickly tried to clear things up when he saw me breaking down and literally shivering on the ground.

"No, you're right." Dean interrupted Axel and reinforced one more time.

The second time was what finished me. Like waves on a violent coast, my tears rushed out of my eyelids and went streaming down my cheeks in less than seconds, if scandals were a person, she would be me, hi, I'm the problem it's me. It's one thing paparazzi would love to make a big deal out of the fact that's Im gay, but it's another that the 17-year-old model's family are criminals. What were my parents thinking? Questions, countless of them appeared in my mind, why would they send me to this school? Do they want me to know? They could've kept this secret from me forever, I went 17 years without knowing it, and I for sure wouldn't have to. Why would my parents do this? Who even are my parents? A criminal, a television producer? It's like I don't even know them anymore. 

-------------------------------------------

"Nev. My love." My vision was blurred, but I could still hear Beretta's soothing voice and her hands cupping my cheeks, with her thumbs brushing my tears away. Deja Vu, the thought of it flashed in my mind before my fear and sorrow came back for the third strike. I couldn't stop crying, I simply could not.

Buzz, buzz. It was Axel's phone's ringtone that was the only source of sound besides my sobbing after a few minutes.

"It's Theresa here, I couldn't reach Neveah's phone so please just let her know that next Friday we will need her on set for my show."

"The whole day? But ma'am that's when the school's party starts."

"That will be a pity, but I'm sure Neveah will understand, something needs to be prioritized," she said and proceeded to hang up.

"Nev, you're gonna have to miss the party." 

-------------------------------------------

(to be continued...)