𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

Chapter 25- Parents

-------------------------------------------

(Still in Beretta's room)

"Good morning, honey," I woke up to Beretta's soft whisper, with her hands in my messy hair.

"I could get used to this." I kept my eyes closed and murmured.

"Me too, but my father's a breakfast person, we can't miss that out." she stroked my hair and said.

"You are still going for breakfast after yesterday's bullshit ?" I asked.

"In this house, we bury the hatchet and pretend things never happened, cause there's always bigger things ahead," she said and planted a kiss on my forehead, then she got up to get change.

"I like what I'm seeing." I whistled.

"But seriously, that's such a toxic way for your family to function," I added while rolling on Beretta's bed that smells just like her scent- strawberries.

"Seeing our family as a blood-related construct for Dacre Falcon to strategize his actions to dominate the illegal world, I don't think he cares whether the actual family bonding is functioning. Calling him 'father' was just a pretentious move in front of people to protect his ego and pride that he wanted, I've no respect for him, the only family I've got here is Dean." she scoffed.

"So he just never does what a father does?" I asked.

"Define what a father should do."

"I don't know, play baseball with you guys? Bring you guys to Disneyland or something?" I asked and raised some examples.

"We're not dogs, I don't need him to play fetch with me." she laughed and picked up her clothes.

"The Disneyland part is still rational." I crossed my arms.

"I'm not interested in fairytales," she answered.

"C'mon! Everybody loves a good classic happily-ever-after story, mine is the Little Mermaid." I said.

"Basically about a girl who changed her whole self just to fit into the man's world, sounds just like patriarchy to me." she continued.

"You're no fun to talk to." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be mad, love. Disneyland's nothing comparing to you, you're more of a dream to me." she pulled me back into her arms after I walked away.

"I gotta bring you to Disney sometimes, it's a world of fantasies." I kissed her and said.

"Girls! Father is... Oh, Jesus cries why every time I walk in y'all is kissing, huh? Don't even tryna be creative?" Dean pushed the door wide opened and gasped.

"And I've told you dozen times to fucking knock! We're coming in a minute." Beretta rolled her eyes back at Dean.

-------------------------------------------

(At the dining room)

"Morning, everyone." Dacre took his seat and greeted us.

Once everyone is gathered at the table, Dacre snapped his fingers and Anders came by, bringing in the servers who are carrying the breakfasts.

The entire breakfast session was nearly in silence, none of them speak, not even Dean or Axel who usually behave the loudest. The way Dacre ate his breakfast was so elegant and classy, while Axel was nearly inhaling his plate of food.