𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Chapter 14- Fern

-------------------------------------------

Writer's notes:

Sorry for not updating for nearly a month, I've been struggling with a lot of things lately, and sometimes I think I'm on the edge of losing control, this is a chapter I wrote about a few weeks ago, I didn't have time to proofread, sorry for any mistakes, I'll try my best to write more after my exams, but I promise I'll update at least once a month, thank you.

Now let's get back to the story:

-------------------------------------------

(Still in my room)

"Hey, Xavier." I was practically shaking because what I'm bout to hear is going to shock me.

"Evening, Neveah. Well, the bad news is that I haven't quite figured out Deanna's murder case but I'm working on it, one thing I could give currently is that it happened not long ago, and it's an inner circle business." he said.

"What do you mean by inner circle business?" I asked.

"It means it happened within her mafia's members, but there's too many people from the Unfazed Ds and most of them are anonymous, I need time to lock on the exact victim." he explained.

"What about Fern Bowery? Have you gotten her information?" I asked, feeling relieved to know Beretta didn't just kill some random people.

"I said to send people to you about her, she's not an easy one, watch out for her, the safe word is 'woodvale', my man will be at the parking lot, as a pizza delivery guy, 2 pm." he said then quickly hung up.

How is Fern Bowery not an easy person... again? What is she hiding? I thought I would just take this chance and find Axel a nice girl now I've unleashed some sort of dark stories... fuck my life I should just stay the fuck at home and give in my youth to modeling.

-------------------------------------------

"You done?" Axel asked outside the corridor.

"Yeah." I yelled back.

"Who's that?" he asked once he's back in.

"Em, Kace, his parents... you know." I made up an excuse.

I took a quick glance at my phone and it's almost 1:30 pm, Xavier's man gonna be here anytime,

"How's Kace doing?" He asked after closing the door.

"Em... he's great, perfectly. Just his parents you know, trouble as usual." I said, I should call Kace, haven't spoken to him in days, which is a really long period of time for us.

"Though what about you, how's detention?" I turned to him.

"Oh fuck that, I was stuck in a room with like five other lower graders and they wouldn't quit yelling, it was hell." he rolled his eyes.

"Jax didn't plead for you?" I laughed.

"He just left me in the dean's room and vanished, jeez." he said.

-------------------------------------------

It's always been comfy around Axel, it's so spontaneous all the time, nothing to worry about, nothing to be ashamed of, but I feel like a wall has been built between us after what happened within my short days here, there used to be no secrets, and now I'm hiding so many things from him, it's hard to describe what I'm exactly feeling... maybe it's guilt.