𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Chapter 24- Peace

-------------------------------------------

Neveah's POV:

(A few moments later at the pool)

"I swear to god if I get sunburned from this..." I groaned.

"I think you look good a little tanned," Axel replied.

"Nev, she's coming, but she doesn't look happy," Axel added.

"Where? I took my contacts out I couldn't see!" I replied and squinted my eyes.

"Shit, I think she's crying," Axel said as Beretta walked right by the pool without taking a single glance at me.

"What? She's crying?" I turned to him and repeated.

"Yes, I'm positive, what the hell happened?" he asked.

"How the fuck would I know?" I quickly got out of the water and chased after him.

"Go! Lesbian!" Axel yelled behind my back and I gave him a big fat middle finger again before I left.

-------------------------------------------

I don't deal with emotions well, especially not someone's emotions, I don't even know how to comfort myself so definitely I couldn't do that to someone either, but I guess I have to try. I couldn't just sit there while Beretta, who's always tough as a rock cries, at least I wanna be that shoulder she cries on if she wants.

-------------------------------------------

(In the manor)

"Beretta?" I called out her name as I walked into the empty hall with the door wide open.

"She must be upstairs," I told myself.

My footsteps matched the staircase until I reached the second floor, the door was closed but I didn't hesitate to open it, it wasn't locked and practically I'm staying in her room so I have a reason to get in, I turned the doorknob and I saw someone I wasn't expecting,

"Woodson? What the hell are you doing? Why are you searching for stuff in my bags? And why are you holding my phone?" I asked as I caught him red-handed.

"I-" he couldn't even come up with a single word, and that's when Beretta arrived at the scene as well.

"Woodson, put those things down, NOW!" she yelled, at her maddest.

"Crap." I heard Anders' soft exclaim as he made his arrival a little later than Beretta.

"This is insane, you two are ridiculous, bloody hell, I'm sick of you two, please fucking leave!" she again screamed.

It was until then I saw her tears streaming down her face, she collapsed on the floor and curled herself up, holding her knees close, crying.

"Beretta..." I softly kneeled next to her.

"You shouldn't see me like this," she murmured.

I moved closer to her on the ground and we sat next to the bedposts, I didn't say a word because I don't know what I should say and I know she didn't want it. I pushed her head onto my shoulder as I saw her slowly rose her head, she was still sobbing, but she didn't resist leaning on me, I can feel her shivering, and I didn't know if it was from her cries or anger.

"What did you find when you ran a check on me?" she looked up and asked with her muffled voice.

"What?" I answered.

"What you found?" she repeated.

"Nothing... but..." I struggled to say my words.

"That I killed someone?" she asked.

"You think I'm a monster for that?" she continued.

"If I do think you're a monster, I wouldn't be sitting here now." I softly answered.

"I killed someone that didn't deserve to die, I watched her die, and I should be in prison for it, but my father spent his power and covered it up, I'm a monster." she cried.

"I hate to say it, but, Beretta, you're wrong for killing her, you're ruthless to watch her died, but it still doesn't make you the villain. What happened before it?" I finally raised out my question.

-------------------------------------------

As a model, I have to deal with a lot of people, good kinds and bad kinds. All those years in the fame game, made me see how wicked people could be, morally. And I learned by that to distinguish and differentiate the good people and the wolves in sheep's clothing, to avoid subtly, or else someone will take that and make you the bad one. You need to learn to be double-faced and fake enough to stay in without getting eliminated by the newcomers, I've witnessed people came in and went by, each of them, no matter they're staying for long or short, they have one thing in common that got them fouled out, they got tired of pretending. Whether you decide to pretend, or stay silent to the pretenders, and their truth.

-------------------------------------------

"I knew something happened before everything," I added.

I'm accurate in seeing through people, and I see two different versions of Beretta when she's mad and when she's not, they seem like two completely opposed persons, and the way Dean and Beretta seemed too polarized isn't making sense to me.

"Remember when you asked Dean and me about my accent?" her tears kept streaming down her cheeks.

I nodded, waiting for her to catch her breath and speaks again, she wiped her tears away with her hand, then said,

"When I was eight, father sent me to England, on the border, I've no idea where I was, I just knew I wasn't home. They put you in pain and suffering, called it training, called it a test. They made you capable of operating and obeying, they're so many girls like me, they made you trained killers. They put you through more than physical pain, they twisted your minds, until you're numb, so you wouldn't dare to sympathize with anyone. Father, or this family, they don't view me as an equal, and I think this place is cursed, I don't belong here." she explained.

"I killed a girl, when I was thirteen, after the brutal years in England, her name was Myra, Myra Keith. I pushed her in the lakes, right in this manor."

All sounded so fictional but I knew she was not lying, this was her trauma, and she opened her heart to me.

If this was just a nobody, I'd already have a police on the other line, waiting for them to arrive and arrest her, but I didn't, I could gradually see the Beretta who's been locked for years inside her.

"We're all imperfect, we're all misfits somewhere, we're all somehow just monsters in disguise, who isn't, really." I cupped her cheeks with my whispers.

-------------------------------------------

"Thanking you for being here." her curbed cried came to peace.

I leaned my back on the bedposts together with her, holding her hand, with her head on my shoulder, I closed my eyes and at last, it's not only safe with her, but there's also finally peace in my heart, and I think there's peace in hers as well.

------------------------------------------

(to be continued...)

------------------------------------------

Writer's notes:

Hey besties😌✌️, if you have free time you may wanna check out my other story: Her Broken Wings
(https://www.wattpad.com/story/199402102?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=glimpsexbubbler&wp_originator=DTIskHzVGd6HBe3AVOVOiaZ%2Bxf9mrOzYMvLWqoVjXR9MBa%2FmDHbuD5XsRkk3PjKT0REVOgo1So4qbh0VAee6XTnBclWEqJ%2BzmXG6MH5xnCakvQTV6rU3gSjPcLi0zFou)