Chapter 11

"Your.. your performance just now... it was perfect."

Y/N smiled genuinely. "Thank you!"

In awkward silence, the two of them stared at each other.

"W-what? What the heck?" Y/N uttered as she started skating towards the exit. "I'm going. The rink is yours."

Yurio looked away. "Yeah whatever."

After changing her clothes, Y/N walked out of the restroom to see Yurio skating already. That very moment, Yurio did it, Yurio did a quadruple axel; it had the complete number of revolutions, and he was able to land it cleanly.

Y/N neared the ice rink.

"Oi.."

"Ha?! Did you call?!" Yurio screamed from a distance away.

"Can you show me your quad axel?!" Y/N screamed back, setting her pride away.

"Who do you think you are?!" The Russian skater just continued gliding.

"Yurio, can't we be friends already?!"

Yurio stopped on his track as he sighed. It was about time to stop being childish, and forget the past. He readied himself, and started skating to jump a quadruple axel. It was successful, although his landing was not as good as before.

"Hmn, that's pretty much it," the guy said, almost inaudible.

"I would like to learn it!" Y/N just let out what she wanted to say. She had no time to waste on being full of pride. There was also no telling wether the upcoming Olympics would be the last one she could join—she had to make the most out of it.

Yurio looked at the girl. "It's possible for you to pull it off. I can guide you... as compensation for pulling your hair. Yeah, I'm sorry."

Y/N bowed. "I am thankful, and about that, let's just pretend it never happened!"

"Oh, aight. So... do you still have time right now?"

"I have two hours," the girl gladly answered.

"That's good enough. I'll just give tips... anyway, the rest will still be up
to you."

Y/N nodded. She put on her skates again before entering the rink.

"Try doing the triple axel first," Yuri told her, and she did as told.

"How was it?" Y/N consulted.

Yurio had yet to see a woman who could land a triple axel effortlessly until then. He was impressed, but tried not showing it. "Great execution. Now try the quad."

The girl positioned herself. She skated to jump for a quadruple axel.

Yurio had his mouth agape, he couldn't resist anymore, he was already really amazed with the promising skater. "You had enough revolutions! That's very good! Well as of the landing... well that just requires more practice, and I'm sure you'd get it in no time."

"Hai!" Y/N agreed.

"But, if you're not using full force on the jump, do so 'cause that will help you land easier," Yurio added.

"I don't exert full force on a jump. I really conserve energy."

"Eh? That's quite wrong, but wow you were able to perform so nice while being conservative, just wow." Yurio was already starting to think that Y/N was a monster. "Anyway, try again, do your most powerful jump."

...

"You definitely can do it," Yurio said.

The two were already done with practice, and currently waiting for the bus at the waiting shed.

"I will practice up to it. Thank you so much. Who would have thought Yuri Plisetsky would help me." Y/N laughed.

Yurio kiddingly snorted.

"Right! I used up your time for practice! I should pay your rental next time!"

"Uh, don't sweat it."

Y/N just smirked. "Well if that's fine with you."

"What? Can't you persuade a little bit more?" Yurio annoyingly asked.

"Sadly no," the girl replied.

"Is it fun to date someone?" Yurio wondered out of the blue, anticipating an answer from Y/N.

The girl was quite taken aback, but gave an answer right away. "Yeah! For me, it's super nice! At the moment, I really wanna do lots of things with the guy I'm seeing! He's just really the kind of person you know would love and care so much. I'm so lucky."

"I just asked if it's fun." Yurio chuckled. "You must've already fallen for that person. Mind telling me who?"

Y/N showed him her phone. That moment, she was chatting with Atsumu.

@official_y/n
Good morning, Tsumu!
I just finished morning practice.
I'm waiting for the bus to
go to the venue practice.
How are you doin?

@miyaa.atsumu
Good morning Y/N-nie~
I had a nice nap btw 😭
How was practice?
Have you eaten breakfast already?

Yurio mockingly acted as if he was going to vomit.

"You just don't have a girlfriend," Y/N teased him.

"Fuck off."

Y/N laughed out loud.

"God Y/N... you're hilarious."

The two still waited for a while. They minded their own business. Yurio listened to music, while Y/N continued chatting with her beloved Atsumu.

"Ah. There's the bus," Yurio uttered as he took off his headphones, also getting the attention of the girl who was focused on her phone.

"Oh, yeah!" Y/N slid her phone in her pocket, and turned her gaze on her left to see the bus coming.

@miyaa.atsumu
Keep safe! 🥰
delivered.

A long moment was it took for the two to notice something was odd. The approaching vehicle was not slowing down, its speed was even off.

The bus was going to clash in the waiting shed.

"Shit, shit!" Y/N cursed upon realizing the situation too late. Just few seconds and she already had thought about getting to an accident; being injured; not having enough time to recover; losing the chance to compete in Olympics; and in worst case, not being able to skate again. She was horrified.

Yurio was completely stoned. As passionate as Y/N was about skating, he exactly had thought of the same possible outcomes.

The beeping sound of the vehicle had Y/N came back to her senses. She registered there was no way anyone else could save her and Yurio. They could not even take steps back because the waiting shed had walls. Everything happened quickly; Y/N ran, pushing Yurio, towards their front right where there was an opening. Only then, Yurio fully grasped the situation and used all of his strength to pull Y/N before the bus could even hit her.

Both of them stumbled on the road, unconscious.

___________________