Chapter 8

"Ma'am, do you have a reservation?"

"Yes. It's on Kuroo Tetsurou," Y/N answered.

Kuroo chose a formal restaurant for their meeting. Y/N wore a white fit dress.

"Mr. Kuroo is here already. Let me lead the way." The woman smiled at Y/N, and started walking.

The skater's heart was pounding really hard as she followed the woman who seemed like the head manager. 'Bitch, you didn't cut connections with him for five years just to face him nervously,' Y/N thought to herself.

"Here we are. Please enjoy your stay." And the manager left her with Kuroo who was sitting, but stood upon seeing his ex girlfriend.

"Y/N... have a seat," Kuroo uttered as he moved to his opposite side to pull the chair for Y/N.

"Thanks," Y/N replied. She noticed that the table was good for four people; she figured that maybe Kuroo invited more people.

There was a moment of silence when both of them were sitting already.

"Uh, Tetsu—I mean Kuroo-san... you don't have to apologize. It was already five years ago," Y/N gave off a head start already. She looked Kuroo in the eye to show him how sincere she was.

"Still... I'm sorry. I... I loved Alisa back then, and I didn't know how to tell you, you were so dear to me." Kuroo broke their eye contact; he couldn't meet the girl's eyes; he was still too guilty.

Y/N put her hand on the table, and lended it, asking for Kuroo's. He immediately held her hand and smiled faintly.

"I don't hold any grudge. I'm happy for the both of you." With that simple words of her, Kuroo bursted into tears. Y/N looked up, and tried her best to seal hers.

"I knew you really love Haiba-san, Tetsu. I knew it the moment you held her for the second time. The Tetsurou I knew does not make the same mistakes twice, so I knew your decision was to be with her. You loved me and treasured me... yeah you just couldn't tell me that it was just a brotherly love." Y/N chuckled. "Tetsu, that very day, I have forgiven you as well as I have freed myself. We have also proven that our break-up didn't go to waste. You guys are still together, and I've achieved my dream. Those are the things that count in the present."

"Can we still go back to being friends?" Kuroo asked.

"We are friends," Y/N assured. She pressed Kuroo's hand tighter before she finally let go.

"Takihara-san..."

A stunning woman stood before them. Y/N couldn't help to be star struck, but she immediately lifted herself up, and exchanged bows with Alisa.

"I was not sure if she could make it, so I wasn't able to let you know," Kuroo stated.

"No, it's fine! This is nice!"

Alisa just occupied the seat beside Kuroo, when someone behind Y/N's back whispered to her ear. "Have you no intention of meeting me?"

The very familiar voice of a very important person made Y/N slightly tremble.

"K-kenma!" The old friends hugged each other. Apparently, they saw each other in Korea two years ago, back then. Y/N was there to participate in Asia's opens, while Kenma had to sign a contract with a Korean investor. Amazingly enough in their own small world, they bumped to each other, but Y/N ran away on the scene; Kenma of course tried chasing her... he tried.