Chapter 7

"Are you fine?" Yuzuru worriedly asked Y/N.

Along with the other Japanese skaters, the two were in the waiting area of the conference room.

"Did your dinner with Atsumu go bad?" The guy added, flashing a worried face.

"No, it was definitely great! Everything went great yesterday. I'm fine, I'm fine. Don't worry Yuzu," Y/N assured.

"So it wasn't Atsumu... But, how was your night with him anyway?"

"Don't make it sound like we spent the night together!" Y/N hissed.

Yuzuru laughed. "Okay okay, but seriously, how was it?"

"It was just a simple dinner, it was fun though. Knew each other more... he's got a twin named Osamu, yeah sorta went like that," Y/N answered and let out a genuine smile.

Yuzuru got to meet Atsumu and the others. He would say that in the short period of time he had known Atsumu, he could tell that Y/N's potential lover was a fine guy—a person with enough manners and respect, a country guy who looked playful yet would not cheat—someone who is fun to be with. Yuzuru was sharp when it came to personalities. One of the reasons why he pursued to become Y/N's friend was he knew that the girl was soft and warm-hearted inside.

"Yeah, nice. I like him too," Yuzuru uttered. He pinched Y/N's cheek, but put his hand away quickly when she looked daggers at him.

"Now people! Listen up!" The head coach of the skaters gathered the athletes' attentions. "You may now go out, and sit on your assigned chairs. Come on, you know the drill. Let's go!"

With that, Yuzuru and Y/N went out with everyone. Their seats were just beside each other's. Yuri, who was with Viktor just a while ago, sat beside Yuzuru.

"Ohayou~," Yuri greeted his two friends.

"Ohayou!" Yuzuru greeted back.

Y/N just raised her hand without looking at him.

"Good afternoon everyone. I now present our Japan representatives in competitive skating for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics," the host of the conference announced.

The cameras started flashing everywhere.

"We will start with Athlete Sayura Mika from the right to Athlete Takihara Y/N on the left."

The skaters present in the conference room were only seven; they were Yuri and Yuzuru for men's singles; Y/N for ladies' singles; and two pairs for pair skating and ice dance.

It took almost an hour before the reporters reached to question Yuri, the third in the last person, followed by Yuzuru then Y/N.

"Katsuki Yuri-san, how are you feeling about the upcoming big competition?"

"This is so cliché, damn it. Why do they ask the same set of questions every conference?" Y/N asked just enough for Yuzuru to hear. The guy just chuckled.

Yuri gave them a smile before answering. "I am looking forward on giving a great performance."

"That is an astonishing statement from you. Are you inspired these days? If not something, is someone inspiring you?"

"Okay, so seriously at times, I hate this about them." Yuzuru sighed, and looked at Yuri beside him.

Y/N was eagerly waiting for her friend's answer. She could not lie about being curious. "I wanna know if he's inspired though." The girl laughed softly.

Yuri chuckled. "Yes, I am inspired by my fiancé."

Y/N almost choked on her own saliva, while Yuzuru stared at Yuri, lost for words.