Chapter 12

"Miya Atsumu! Where are you going?!" Kuroo asked the blonde who just exited the court, and looked like he ditched their practice.

"Let him be," Sakusa stopped him from going after Atsumu.

"That jerk—I guess Y/N had the wrong guy," Kuroo grunted irritably. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Now now Kuroo, stop it. You were the wrong guy," Bokuto meddled in the conversation, he got annoyed with Kuroo's previous statement—it really hit a nerve.

"Wait—what? Come again?" Y/N's ex boyfriend didn't see it coming from Bokuto, his own best friend.

"Kuroo-san, Atsumu is... he's on his way to see Y/N-san." Sakusa left those words before going back to practice with Bokuto.

...

"Damn it! Let go of me!" Yuzuru yelled in the emergency room. He was being held by some nurses, not letting him near the patients.

The guy gave up and fell into his knees. "I-I just wanna see her," Yuzuru cried.

"Yuzuru-kun!" Atsumu approached the skater on the floor upon entering the emergency room.

Yuzuru, crying, looked at his best friend's lover. He saw Atsumu's eyes that were filled with worry and anxiousness; it looked like his tears would fall any time soon.

"What happened?" Atsumu calmly asked. He blasted out of practice when he received a message from Yuzuru saying that Y/N was sent in the emergency room.

"Th-there was an accident. A bus crashed on the waiting shed Y/N and Yuri were in. The rescuers said they were found unconscious on the road," the skater explained in between sobs.

"It's fine... e-everything will be fine," the blonde tried comforting Y/N's dearest friend and also his friend, even though he wanted to see Y/N more than anyone else.

Suddenly, a loud yelling was heard. "I said I'm fucking fine! Is the girl alright?!"

"It's Yurio!" Yuzuru uttered. He had already told Viktor and Yuri, and they were on their way already.

A nurse neared the two. "Are you here to see Mr. Yuri Plisetsky?"

"We're both the skaters' friends," Yuzuru replied.

"Mr. Plisetsky just collapsed due to shock. He just got some light scratches. He is fine in general. You may now see him." The nurse lead them to Yurio.

"Yuzu! How's your friend?" Yurio immediately asked upon seeing the two.

"We... we still don't know."

"If anything happens to her, I won't forgive myself. It was my fault. If I didn't stall her, she would have left earlier."

Yuzuru looked at Yurio, confused.

"It wasn't yer fault," Atsumu said. "Ya were just trying to help her, right?" He added.

"I suppose you're her boyfriend. I'm sorry."

"Not ye—uh, ya don't have to be sorry. No one's at fault. Let's just hope for the best," the blonde replied.

"Yurio!"

All of them looked at the direction where the familiar voice came from. There they saw Yuri coming along with Viktor.

"How are you? What happened? Are you injured?" Yuri worriedly asked.