Chapter 10

Y/N woke up. Time check: it was only 2 in the morning. In her estimation, she only slept for two good hours. Atsumu was still asleep beside her, his arms around her waist. Y/N carefully lifted it, and gently put it on his side.

"I'll go now..." She whispered, then kissed the sleeping blonde on his cheek.

Atsumu quietly mumbled in his sleep—not being bothered—causing the girl to smile before leaving.

As soon as Y/N got in her room, she prepared all of her stuff, and quickly took a shower. When she was already blow drying her hair, somebody knocked on her door. She already expected that it would be Yuzuru, and was proven right when she actually opened up.

"Hi," Y/N greeted.

"Morning! Are you ready?" Yuzuru brightly greeted back.

"Yep, ikou!"

The two skaters made their way to the ice skating venue. When they arrived, Yuri and the other skaters were already stretching. The time was five minutes before 3.

"Yuzuru! Y/N! Ohayou!" Yuri yelled while sitting on the floor.

"Ohayou!" Yururu replied; waving his hands.

"Ohayou Yuri." Slightly embarrassed, Y/N looked away. Yes, she was really changing for the better—"Nevermind! What's good in the morning Katsuki?" —just kidding, but at least she was trying.

Yuri just chuckled at the action of his co-skater.

"Y/N!" Viktor called, and came up to her.

"Yeah, what you need?"

"Uh, this is a favor. Can you recommend a skating rink here in Tokyo?"

Since it seemed like a serious request, the girl answered back pleasantly. "Hmn... what for? Or for who?"

"For Yurio. You see he already came here with us."

"Yurio?" Y/N queried, being unfamiliar with the nickname. "Yuri Plisetsky?" She was confirming, and the Russian just nodded. "Interesting nickname." Y/N chuckled.

"Yeah um... I know a suitable place for him. I'll just send the exact location later."

"Alright! Thanks!"

Not long after, the head coach, Nakaji Himaru, gathered all the national skaters for a brief meeting.

"Yosh! No one is slacking! I'm happy everyone's here on time," Nakaji started. "We're on the 4th day of our 10 day Olympics preparation. From here on, until the 9th day, all of you are free to use the official skating rink of the Olympics."

The skaters and their coaches were all ears.

"However as you see, we only have one rink, so we'll have to set time slots for each of you."

Everyone bobbed their head to let the speaker know they were following.

Nakaji pulled a whiteboard that showed five time slots. Those would be one for Yuri, one for Yuzuru, one for Y/N, one for the pair skaters, and one for the ice dance pair.

"I'll let you talk among yourselves which slots you're going to take," Nakajima finally announced.

"Ano~ can we request earliest? We're really productive early in the morning," Haruya of the pair skaters asked.

"Mhmn... anyone who objects?" Y/N replied. "As for me, I'm fine with any slot."

Eventually, all of them fell into agreement, and their schedules were set.

Y/N's slot was from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Each slot had two hours starting at 4 am. The sole reason of their 3 am gathering was for the meeting.

"What's your plan, Yuzu?" Y/N was packing her things she brought out a while ago, thinking she had the chance to skate already.

"I'll just stay here. Two hours is short. I'll have to warm myself up soon," Yuzuru answered. He turned his gaze on the girl, "how about you?"

"Gotta go to the ice rink I rent."

"I see. Take care." Yuzuru hugged Y/N tightly before letting her go.

"People, gambare!" Y/N shouted before leaving. She still heard replies saying 'same to you'.

While walking to the bus stop, Y/N pulled put her phone from her pocket. She sent the address of the place where she would skate to Yuri Plisetsky.

@official_y/n
The place is great, but quite pricey. Still, you won't have to worry about crazy fans or whatever. Since it's winter, no one rents it other than me. Just take note that I already paid in advance for two weeks. My time slot there is every 4 am to 7.

Y/N lied about her advanced payment, but she was going to do so anyway.

The skater already got on the bus, when she received Yurio's reply.

@yuriplisetsky_
Ok. Thanks.

"That bastard!" Y/N screamed. The few people in the public transport, looked at the young woman, leaving her curling down in embarrassment until she got off.

Y/N settled her payment for the two weeks rent in the customer service. After that, she didn't waste a second, and went to practice.

Y/N spent most of her time practicing her composition—arrangement of performance into sequence—and some of the transitions.

The success rate of her triple axel had improved and improved. Y/N was a hundred percent sure that she would land it in the actual tournament. But deep down, she felt like she was missing the thrill and challenge already. The thought of doing a quadruple axel crossed her mind again. She would truly be a legend if she could land that.

The female skater had half an hour left. For the next twenty minutes, she tried and tried the quad axel, only to fall on the ice every time. However, a smirk creeped on Y/N's face.

"I'd definitely be able to land this even before the Olympics," she muttered to herself.

Y/N paused her practice to rest for a while. After that, she set the music for her short program, and positioned herself in the middle of the rink.

Her choice of song is Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers. She picked it to showcase her class and elegance. When she was just preparing the program, her driving force or what you call inspiration, is the idea of telling the people who hurt her that 'This is what I've become. Regret that you made a fool out of me; now crawl back and I shall reject you. '

However, that was years ago. Y/N could admit that idea was childish. At the present, her foundation is much more established and firmer. She was a completely different person already.

Y/N finished skating her short program. No more and no less, everything went according to her planned sequence. She gasped for air as soon as the music faded away.

"You've changed..."

Y/N searched for the source of the voice to find Yuri Plisetsky just outside the rink. He was staring at Y/N in awe.

"Your.. your performance just now... it was perfect."

Y/N smiled genuinely. "Thank you!"

________________