Chapter Three; The Hitlist

Chapter three; The Hitlist
Warning; Mention of death, blood, and death

    Clay sat, unmoving on a log in the woods, the leaves were browning in the late summer. A breeze hit his masked face, sending his lime green hood off his head and settling under his neck. The dirty Blonde pulled a journal out of his pocket. It was a black leather face and it had a white x, on the front. He flipped through the rough pages, filled with names and places until he landed on a page, it read, Lynx Harrison- Left division, causing trouble and numbering troops in Heratopia. Clay put his gloved pointer finger as he read the words aloud. "Hmm Left division." The dirty blonde wondered aloud. "That's far, I should get moving now If I want to make it by tomorrow." He muttered to himself, tiredness etched in his voice. He stood from the log and began to walk, he steped on the sticks and grass of the forest floor, another breeze flowed by, it carried a small piece of paper. It had himself on it, a wanted sign. He thought as he got a closer look. He was hooded, wearing a white circle mask covering his eyes and nose, but his mouth was left uncovered. The mask had a creepy smiley face, with the eyes to far apart and the mouth two high up, small blood stains patched around his clothes and mask. Underneath the picture it had the words "wanted" in big letters. Clay ripped the paper apart, sending the shreds of paper lose in the early morning breeze. After some time walking in the woods, he began to see traces of life, like trails and empty campfire pits. He saw lights and smoke in the distance, the sun was settled just below the tree line, the sky was a beautiful red-orange, stratus and cirrus clouds dotted the sky. Clay found himself wandering through a marketplace, an outline of a huge castle marked its spot on hill off in the distance. Clay was back on his trek in the woods, he heard faint footsteps clicking from a little away, he guessed it was close by. Once the blonde got closer he saw it, a hooded girl, in her twenties was riding a black horse, it trotted on a path that looked beaten down, many other people have been here. Clay thought, hiding in the shadows behind a tree, he grabbed a familiar mask out from his bag, he slipped it on, hiding his true identity, he put his hood up over his hair, then he pulled out a sword made of iron. Clay made sure to make it quick, as he didn't want to hear the girl's screams banging in his nightmares, when he would try to fall to sleep. A soft thump sounded as the body slid off the horse, Clay climes in the animal and went on with the day, he hoped he would arrive before noon tomorrow.
Clay saw the smoke in the sky, and lights illuminating the camp's walkways. The blonde had finally made it to the Left Division Campgrounds. He snuck around a tree and waited to see if he could see his target. Mr Harrison, silver wavy hair, green eyes, scar over lip and a soldier's outfit. Although that doesn't help as only five people here don't wear that. Clay thought, sitting down to wait. Then he spotted a man with silver hair, he calmly walked over, still hiding from anyone who wandered off into the woods. He got a good look at the man, then confirmed it was him, he looked like he was in his late twenties. I don't like killing younger people with potential, but he has been doing the same. It's also weird how the person ordering the attack didn't specify who there were, or what they had against him. Hmm. Clay thought, calmly behind a tree, he didn't dare put on his mask, if someone saw it, they'd recognize him immediately. The Dirty blonde thought he would look a little less suspicious without the mask. Clay looked back over to Lynx, nearly jumping out of his skin he noticed three people following him, one strawberry blonde, one a brunette and the other blonde. Then he recognized them, the three sons of the king. What are they doing here?! Clay thought, his green dazzling eyes widening. Are they guarding him? No. They must be here for the same reason as me! But, why all three of them? Maybe because he is one of the greatest fighters. Why didn't I bring someone with me? Ugh how am I supposed to beat this guy with three ROYALS by his side. This will be harder than I thought.
Clay thought to himself once again, he stepped on a stick while he wasn't paying attention. He slapped a hand over his mouth and sat as still as possible. He could hear there conversation as they were nearing the edge of the camp, "What was that?" A British voice sounded from behind the tree, curiosity lacing his tone. "Probably just a Fox or something" a slightly deep voice said, Clay didn't recognize it. He turned around, and peeked around the tree, looking at them, they were walking away from him to his relief. He followed behind them, still making sure no one was around to spot him. The Four walked into a yellow tent, Clay followed until he was touching the fabric. He turned his face, making his ear touch the side of the tent. The dirty blonde could just make out their muffled voices, "Wilbur, Techno, Tommy and  Tubbo! A deepish muffled voice sounded. Who's this Tubbo? I didn't see a fifth. Please say they aren't with the royals! Clay thought, crossing his gloved fingers. "That's us!" A light voice said, he could only guess it was this "Tubbo." That's us. Inferring that he knows them. Clay said slapping his forehead mentally.  Clay waited, and waited untill the sun started to set. It bounced off its podium in the sky and now dropped below the tree line, eventually the moon would take its place. He stalked around the now quiet campground, it used to be buzzing with energy, but the night sent everyone quiet, it made his stomach churn in nervousness. Even thought he had done this many times over. He stood as still as a plank of wood when he heard voices, he cautiously tip-toed behind a tent, listening to the voices. The dirty blonde winced as he recognized the voices to be the Four he heard this afternoon. Tubbo, Tommy, Techno and Wilbur.
"Alright I will go in first, then Tommy will follow behind Wilbur and Tubbo guard the outside so no one comes in, or if he comes out." A deep voice sounded. Technoblade. Clay thought. "Sound good!" Wilbur said, The dirty blonde heard s sound, it was them pulling out their weapons. Should I let them do it? Clay thought, fixing his mask. I can also keep watch to make sure they get it done.

>>>   <<<

- [x]     Techno pulled out a golden sword,the strawberry blonde just told his plan to his brothers and servant. He grimaced as he thought of the deed they had to commit. Sure he has killed people before, but the strawberry blonde didn't enjoy it as much as a regular battle. Though he was growing to get used to it. The four of them calmly stalked up to the death bed of their victim. Lynx Harrison. I pray you don't have family. The older thought solemnly. He crept into the yellow tent, with Tommy by his side, both carrying weapons with there right hands. To Techno's displeasure, Lynx was still awake, the silver haired man had a lamp on, he wore reading glasses, and had a scroll he was writing something on. A pencil was pressed against his scarred lip. He looked up at the two brothers, his bright green eyes buzzing with curiosity, "Hey-" he said, cutting off his own greeting as his eyes dropped down, they shrunk, his pupils. He had deathly pale skin, an a shadow drawn across his face. His mouth was partly open as he was trying to make sound, but failed. His eyes widened as he realized what they were here to do, he pulled out a measly pocket knife, tiny and weak compared to the swords the two were carrying. "Please- I - I" the man was barely able to say, his eyes were brimming with tears. He looked at them and tried to stutter out, "I-I my wife is expecting twins, please." He said, tears spilling onto the scroll, the pencil dropped, like a gunshot in the dead silence. "I-I my son is going to school soon!" He said, trying to give the hitman any reason to show mercy. Tommy looked at the man with a dead look. And he raised his iron sword, it glimmered in the light of the lamp, Techno reached out a hand and pulled Tommy's shoulder so he would turn away from the soon to be father of three. The blonde looked away, getting what his older brother was hinting. The Strawberry Blonde lifted his sword and said the words, "I'll make it as painless as possible." The lamp light died along with the man. Blood spilled over his room, Techno pulled the scroll from his bed, then he took his youngest brothers hand and swiftly led him out of the room. His brothers hands were freezing, and shaking like an old wooden roller coaster. Techno pulled the blonde into a hug. He flinched as a pair of arms wrapped around them, when Wilbur and Tubbo engulfed them in a hug. "He had a family" Tommy choked out, anger and sadness laced his voice, he was trembling. Then they all pulled apart when they heard someone walk by, Techno pulled out a sword and saw a figure, he started to run after it. The humanoid shape started to sprint away, it was wielding a weapon. Looks like a sword. techno thought, he glanced back, all four people behind him started to chase after it once they caught sight of it. Soon the figure started to run out of energy. It slowed to a stop, so it could take a breath. Once the four got to it, he looked deathly familiar. A green hood covered his hair, he had on black gloves and pants, and wore dark brown boots and had a brown empty sword-holding pouch around his shoulder. The boy didn't face them, he looked tired, from his posture. Then he whipped his face around to face the other four. Techno's eyes widened, recognizing the mask "Dream" wore. A small smiley face, with small blood stains etched in his clothes, tufts of Dirty Blond hair stuck out of his hood, revealing his hair color. This was a world wide known hitman, who killed anyone without sight, only a small smiley face was etched somewhere at the sence of the crime. They called him dream, as he killed people in their sleep mostly. "Dream" what was he doing here?
-End OF Chapter Three-
——————————————————
1873 words
Hey is there any other characters you want to see? Or ship ideas?