Chapter Eight; The Letter

Warning; mention of death, mention of voices

Tubbo stood in-front of Wilbur's room for the second time. Him and the three brothers had healed from their injuries and they had all planned a sleepover in Wilbur's room. Tubbo had got their first, he opened the vaguely familiar door, like a dream you can't quite place. Wilbur was sitting on the edge of his bed, facing the door, his left leg was on top of the other's knee. To make a kind of triangle of you had a birds eye view. His left foot was moving up and down to an invisible beat, he wore a big smile when he realized Tubbo was here, and waved him to come sit. Tubbo obeyed the higher-up's command and sat down next to the boy. He was warmed by his smile and greeted him, "hey Wilbur!" He said ecstatically. "Hey Tubbo." He replied waving and closing his eyes. "You exited?" The brunette asked the servant, fixing his perfect dark brown curly hair out of his eye. "I wonder when they will-" Tubbo said, as if on cue he was interpreted by the other two brothers walking into Wilbur's sleeping quarters. "Heya Tubbo! Hey Wilby-" Tommy said stopping himself, "Wilby?!" Wilbur said holding his laughter, "I-I did not call you Wilby that's the dumbest-" Tommy started, sitting down on he carpet crossing his bandaged arms from his previous duel with Technoblade. "Your just embarrassed you called me Wilby~" the brunette teased bursting into laughter as he walked down from his seat and found himself opening a window and sitting down next to his younger and older brother. Tubbo followed him and sat next to Tommy giggling. "So what should we do?" Tubbo asked like a child at a candy store. "Well I found a letter." Techno said pulling a scroll out of his pocket. "I grabbed this when we, um Lynx was writing this when we went in so I took it." The strawberry blonde finished, unrolling the scroll. "It says, Hello Schlatt it is good to be working with you, and I ran into the three sons of the king! They were pretty cool considering I am a loyal member of the left division. Before this yesterday I ran into the weirdest thing, two boys, I don't really remember what they looked like, but they came over and one had a huge- Um, I can't read that part it's smudged from tears." Techno finished looking at them, his pointer finger still left on the unfinished letter. "Maybe we should do something else then decipher the letter?" Techno spoke, rolling up the scroll and putting it on Wilbur's desk. I wonder who this Schlatt is... Tubbo thought. "Oh Techno and I can teach you some fighting moves!" Tommy said smiling and pointing to himself and his older strawberry blonde brother. Tubbo gapped his dreams were coming a reality of which he never thought would happen. "Wait, really?!" He said not wanting to get his hopes up. "Yeah of course, you need to defend yourself and the castle!" Tommy said standing up and holding a hand out for Tubbo, he took it, and sparks flew, at least in Tubbo's mind. He never thought he could get this chance and it was the best feeling he has ever had, so amazing he couldn't put it into words. The strolled out of Wilburs room and started towards the training grounds. Techno and Wilbur had started small talk ahead of Tubbo and Tommy, they were walking side by side smiling and chatting. Tubbo's hand just brushed Tommy's, and he blamed the butterflies on his nervousness to fight. "Hey Tommy?" Tubbo started, fidgeting with his hands. "What's up Tubbo?" He asked the brunette, turning his face to look at the boy. "How old are you?" He asked, meeting the blonde's gaze. Big blue ocean eyes pierced in the brunette, making him want to look away and gawk at the same time. "Earth to Tubbo?!" The blonde said, snapping. "Ah sorry I spaced out what did you say?" Tubbo said putting a hand behind his neck. "I'm Eighteen." He answered pointing to himself. "Oh we're the same age!" Tubbo noticed happily. They got lost in conversation and both bumped into the two walking ahead of them. Tubbo looked up in a jolt of panic, before even seeing who he bumped into he started to apologize. "Tubbo it's okay calm down!" Wilbur said looking around to face the younger servant. Techno a grabbed Tommy by his head and was nuzzling him, ignoring all of the complaints by the younger blonde in his right arm. "We ran into these nice servants, Zak and Fundy!" He said stepping aside to show Tubbo the two servants. One had dark brown hair and eyes, they wore a cyan colored beanie with a derpy face, they wore the regular servants outfit. The other was ginger, and they had lime green eyes, they wore a black hat with two golden spikes on the front of the hat, a foxes tail stuck out of hole in the servants pants, their hands were paws, they held sharp thorn like claws on the ends. "King phillza wants you!" The ginger said, swinging his fluffy orange tail side to side. "He sent me to come get you guys." The brunette wearing a cyan beanie said, "my name is Zak!" He finished, "and I'm Fundy!" The fox said smiling. "Ah dadza wants us!" Techno said, "did we get in trouble?" He asked, humor in his tone. "Follow me everyone!" Wilbur said giggling as he waved his hand as he walked forwards. Techno quickened his pace to match his younger brother ahead of him. The doors opened to the throne room, and the king was sat on his throne, a golden and shiny seat that housed the most important person in Heratopia. "Servants leave us alone." Philza commanded with a flock of his hand. All of the servants bowed and shuffled out of the room, leaving just the five of them, as Zak and Fundy stayed outside. "What really happened Technoblade?" The blonde said, standing up and started to wall towards his sons and servant. "We killed the man, and it turns out "Dream" the world famous hit an was there for the exact same reason, and to kill the same person." The strawberry blonde said, crossing his arms. "Dream was there?" Phil said, confused and scared. "Is that why you had those scars?" He asked only being a few feet away from them. "Yes." Wilbur said solemnly as he fixed his hair. I've only heard of Dream in stories they tell kids, I guess he is a real person. Tubbo thought, putting his hands in his pockets. "Tommy I see you guys have gotten close," the king said glancing between the brunette and blonde. "So to keep you together and out of trouble Tubbo you are to be his quote on quote bodyguard. Not really but just make sure he doesn't do anything dangerous." Philza said, fixing his crown. "I-I don't need a bodyguard dadza!" Tommy yelled, even though his face spoiled his act, as Tubbo could tell he wasn't angry at the new role he gave Tubbo at all. Tubbo gaped at the thought of protecting a son of the king. Did I hear that right? Tubbo thought, his hands jumping out of his pockets so he could fiddle with them. Did the king hint that me and Tommy were close? He thought again, covering his smile with his right hand. I get to be Tommy's bodyguard!

>>> <<<

5up left the room, his hands in his pockets. "Apollo?" He asked, "yes?" The gray and black haired man answered, walking with the younger boy. "I-Ive heard voices, telling me to kill that corpse guy." He confessed, burring his head in his pink gloves hands. "Oh well that's normal, just make sure to tell me if you move to kill him, like you grab a weapon, but you couldn't control yourself." DumbDog said, grabbing and examining 5up's red flannel like scarf. "Then we have a problem." He said humorously as he stroked the younger boy's scarf. He stopped himself and dropped his hands to his side. "Um can we go to the woods? Kind of a weird question." 5up asked, he didn't mind the older boy, as his presence calmed him. "Why not, the sunset should be pretty anyways, we can be outside to see it." DumbDog said, fixing his hat as his ear twitched. He flicked his tail and set of swiftly towards the castle doors. 5up followed just behind him, until they reached them, they opened the doors and walked a for a few minutes until they got into the forest, they headed the top of their kingdom, top left of it. There was a huge flat rock over there, but 5up had never been before, he was unsure if Apollo had been, but he didn't feel like talking. Anything that reminded him of his tongue or every tragedy that happened today scared him, he didn't want to think it was real. Once they were far into the woods DumbDog started a conversation, "so what's your favorite season?" He asked, turning his head to face the younger boy. "Umm the Autumn time would take first place for me!" 5up said, meeting the boys gaze, "what about you?" The pink haired boy asked, "oh same, it's not to cold or hot and it's really pretty." He replied smiling a smile. A too wide smile, a too crooked smile, a too devilish smile. He thought, the nice and homey atmosphere that him and his friend had created shattered. "Well we are here-" Apollo said stopping himself mid sentience as he heard someone walking towards them, he revealed himself , stepping out of the trees, he looked like he was talking to himself, "will Schlatt-" he said, not able to finish his statement as he saw the two boys. "Umm hello? Who are you?" He asked, he was silver haired and had a big scar over his lip, he had emerald green eyes as well. "You first." DumbDog said flicking his tail, unsheathing his claws and curling his lips back, showing rows of pointed teeth at the incomer. "Um- My name is Lynx and I work for the left division border of Heratopia." Lynx said, the last word slithered out of his mouth and sent shivers down 5up's spine. He's from a different kingdom! 5up thought scared, he has never met anyone outside of amoburg. "My name is Leo, and this is Xavier, we were just strolling by and we will be on our way now!" Apollo said quickly, sheathing his claws, and flicked his tail, he still pointed his teeth at Lynx. "Bye!" He finished tipping hat and smiled out to the silver haired man, his grin widened more that normal and he showed more teeth to the man than a regular human should have, although he was part dog it was still strange. Then they disappeared behind the tree's, Apollo gripped his hand to 5up's and pulled him out of sight from Lynx, even though he seemed like a nice guy. "Why did you give us fake names?" 5up questioned once they were out of earshot, Apollo turned around to face the confused boy and stopped walking. "He was suspicious." He mumbled to the younger boy, still their hands we're intertwined. "Why was suspicious he seemed like a nice guy?" 5up questioned the older gray and black boy, looking him in the eyes. "He said the name Schlatt. Does that ring a bell?" DumbDog said, tilting his head, and twitching his ear. "No?" 5up said shaking his head, just more confused. "Well Schlatt or jschaltt is a high up in Talhiha. And he was wondering off in the bottom left of Heratopia, even invading our Territory, Amoburg's territory, why does he have business with a higher up in Talhiha, and why was he in our kingdom? It is a little sus to me." He finished, gripping 5up's shoulders. "Oh yeah your right, that was suspicious." 5up said grabbing DumbDog's arms and lifting on them off his shoulder. Lynx? Schlatt?
-End Of Chapter Eight-
——————————————————
2086 Words
Hey I wanted to mention that I know Tommy is not eighteen at the time I am writing this, I just want him to be older in this story, okay have a good rest of your day!(Or night)