Chaper Ten; The Neckalce

Chapter Ten; The Neckalace
Warning; Mention of death, death and cursing (censored) cover art by me (its DumbDog and 5up)

Corpse, horrified turned his attention to a figure in his room, "H-How did you get in!" He demanded, looking at the vaguely familiar shape of the person in front of him, "Kill him, Kill him, Kill him~" he could hear the boy mutter from his front door. The same phrase replayed over and over like a distorted record, spinning endlessly, playing the same inverted song forever. His curly black hair was partly placed in front of his widening eyes, and shrinking pupils. His showing skin was pale across a small patch of white next to his right brown eye. Corpse's door creaked open, like a gunshot in the eerie silence, "What are you doing?" A horrifyingly familiar voice sounded from behind the door, the figure in front of him stood in an awkward silence, their head was sort of split in two, but the black haired man just thought he was seeing things in the dead of night. "A-Apollo?" The figure said, their face was normal again, if it had changed, Apollo.. Corpse thought, the name was a dream he couldn't place, or a distant memory he couldn't make out. Footsteps echoed through the silent room, until the two figures were outside of his room, Corpse creeped outside and listened to their conversation behind a wall, "What the h3ll were you doing?" Apollo said, anger and confusion intertwined in his tone. "Kill Corpse, Kill him, Kill-" the other boy said, like he was in a trance. K-Kill me? "Snap out of it!" He heard Apollo say, a smack noise bounced through the hallways, reaching Corpse's ear. Then it clicked. Apollo, as in DumbDog. 5up called him that earlier today. Corpse thought in shock, why does 5up want to kill me! His thoughts were interrupted by 5up's rambling, "Apollo, I couldn't control myself, should you have not shown up, you would have added to your collection of newspapers-""What!" Dumbdog said, Corpse looked at them, and to confirm his fear it was his two so called "friends." DumbDog had a hand clasped over 5up's mouth, silencing the younger pink haired boy. His red flannel scarf laid by his side, drifting ever so slightly in the small breeze. "You did what!" DumbDog questioned 5up, " I may have looked through your drawers when you told me to go get bandages... and seen those creepy newspapers. Also what's with that necklace-" the boy was cut of again, "Shut up!" DumbDog hissed, covering his mouth once again. DumbDog lifted his hand off of the pink haired boy's face, and pulled out a necklace hidden underneath his shirt and trench coat. It had a key tied in it, a dragon symbol was etched into the head of the key. That's the symbol of Heratopia. Why is in inscribed on his necklace? Or a key. He thought, confused. "I woke up with this necklace, and the parasite hasn't told me anything about it, the key and the note was on my desk, I have no idea why it's Heratopia's symbol but, I-I don't know." DumbDog said, his ears were flopped down, and his tail flicked side to side in anger. "What do you think it unlocks?" 5up asked curiously. "I have no idea honestly." The gray and black haired man said, scratching the back of his head. I have to get that Necklace, if it gets into the wrong hands, are they the wrong hands? Then something bad might happen. They talked about a parasite? What's that supposed to mean? Corpse asked and told himself silently. He quietly drew a sword, and launched himself across the hallway slamming into DumbDog, a Yelp escaped his mouth, Corpse cut the string around his neck and took off running, leaving a stunned pair of of boys staring at the back of his hoodie. A key in his hand Corpse could only think he was in danger. His feet miraculously brought him to sykkuno's room. He knocked on the door until he heard footsteps walking towards the door. It opened to reveal a sleepy smiling boy looking at corpse, "oh Jesus! It's so late, what are you doing here mr. Corpse?" He asked, giving him a soft smile, then jumping to cover it. "J-just let me in! Umm sorry please let me in, I promise I'll explain everything." He begged looking at the green eyed man wishfully. "Oh o-okay!" He agreed, stepping aside to let the taller man enter. Corpse shut and locked the door quickly and quietly so the two boys didn't know which door he had hidden in. "Okay, so i was trying to fall asleep when my door opened, I don't know how I always lock it though." Corpse confessed, keeping a good grip on the necklace he had stolen. "A person came through, he kept saying he wanted to kill me, but he looked like he was restraining himself or some weird sh1t..." he said, as he stood up and started to pace around in his friends room. "So then the door opened once again, by "Apollo" or you know him as DumbDog, he asked what he was doing, then took him outside, and I followed. They talked about a weird parasite, and a note, and newspapers that DumbDog had that were creepy. And finally this necklace." He said as he stopped pacing and sat on Sykkuno's bed, he took out the necklace that DumbDog owned, a key with Heratopia's dragon symbol etched into the face of the key. "W-What's this all supposed to mean?" Sykkuno asked hesitantly. "I have no idea I just took this and ran for my life." Corpse replied, staring a hole into the key. I don't know...