Chapter Four; The Duel

Chapter four; The duel
Warning; blood, mention of death and open wounds

Clay walked out of his hiding spot behind a black tent. to Let's see if they finished him. Clay thought, tightening his mask. Then he stopped, like a deer in headlights. He stood and looked at the "headlights" his mouth gaping open, four figures stood in the distance, one with a long braid, one wearing a beanie, the others just messy hair. He recognized them at once and started to run, he could hear footsteps thumping behind him. No no no! The worst possible people to run into at this exact moment! The dirty blonde thought, his mind and feet racing in the late night, the full moon higher in the sky, it took the sun's spot. Soon he ran out of endurance, breathing heavily he was forced to stop. The footsteps echoing in his brain like a stampede. He suddenly whipped his head around when the thumping stopped. To confirm his nightmare, the four people were in fact the three sons of the king and who knows what the other one is. A gasp sounded from the oldest. Technoblade. Feared by all his foes. Best fighter in Heratopia. Tommy. Training to be the best, good with just brute strength. Wilbur. The smartest, a great strategist and plans the whole thing before anyone can pull out their weapons. And Tubbo. I can't beat them on a four vs one so I can take Tubbo hostage and threaten to kill him if they don't let me go. If that doesn't work then maybe I can try and get Wilbur. But I have no idea how good he is at fighting. "Dream?" The deep voice of Technoblade banged in his head like a symphony of musicians who are playing completely different songs as loud as they can. "That's me!" He said smugly, although he was shaking with nervousness like a tree in a hurricane. "Why are you here?" A British voice said from the blonde. "Same as you." Was all the dirty blonde said. Suddenly, in a flash Dream was on them, he grabbed Tubbo in the mess and had his sword on the middle of his neck, he was holding him so he couldn't even move. So fragile like glass, Clay thought. Tubbo's feet barley touched the ground and his chin was pointed up, in a desperate attempt to not touch the blade. His dark blue eyes widened into a small dot, the side of the sword barely scraping his skin. His hand grabed the hitman's arms, scratching his bloodstained hoodie. "Tubbo!" The younger Blonde screamed. "Wilbur hushed him immediately and muttered to him, "don't wake up the other people Tommy!" They all locked their eyes into dream's mask. He smirked and said, "if you want your little friend to live, then let me be on my merry way. Then we all can live!" He held a firm grip on Tubbo, then looked at him, with a smirk. His Dark blue eyes were darting around anxiously. The brunette gasped, as he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He gulped and met the killer's gaze, even though he couldn't see the worry in Clay's eyes. Please work I can't even fight Technoblade by my self! Clay thought to himself. Then in an instant, Tommy pulled out his weapon and sliced Clay's arm, drawing blood. Clay dropped the Brunette, but he kept a foot on the cloth of his shirt, the Brunette started a coughing fit, he was to weak to stand anyways. Dream pulled out a light weight axe. He held it with passion. Techno started to pull his weapon, but Wilbur held an arm in front of him. Dream grasped his wound and looked eyes with the blonde. He stabbed a pocket knife into Tubbo's shirt sleeve, trapping him. The brunette cried out in pain, blood started to pour from the seems of his sleeve. I cut him on accident, The Dirty Blonde thought and in a worried state of mind. The Blonde infront of him filled with rage, he didn't even bother to take a fighting stance, he leaped at the Dirty Blonde, sword in hand. Clay sidestepped and sent his left hand up, balled in a fist, it connected to his stomach. Tommy threw himself on the ground and coughed up blood. Wilbur walked forward with a knife in hand. Technoblade was trying to rip the knife out of the crying brunette's arm and he tried to help Tommy at the same time. Wilbur's eyes were tinted red, and his eyebrows turned, narrowing on each other. The knife glistened in the moonlight, when he moved the knife, he cast of light moved to the top of the blade. He took a fighting stance. Then Clay struck, he sent his axe flying beneath his knee, it cut Wilbur's left leg, leaving a nasty scar, he wailed out in pain and crumpled on the floor. Leaving Technoblade. He stood up and grabbed his sword . Then he stepped in front of his wailing, and crying younger brothers. They clutched their wounds, their wails filled the silent night. He charged at Dream, cutting him every few seconds. Putting him in the same position Tommy had been the other day. Though Clay was smarter, he lashed out with his hand, grasping his left arm, he pulled techno close, to him, driving his axe into his side, Techno, unable to move his arm grasping his sword, punched Dream right in the face, sending Clay stumbling backwards. He clutched his mask, now broken. His emerald now visible green eyes started at Techno as meanly as possible, freckles dotting his face like a cheetah's pelt. The left side of the Dirty Blonde's freckled face was bruised and bleeding from the punch. A large scar cut across his left eye and over the top of his nose. "You know how humans used to hunt their prey? In prehistoric times." Techno said, scanning the dirty blonde's face. Shocked to have seen him. "The humans have really good endurance so the humans would hunt prey faster than them. The prey would sprint and run. And they humans they'd just, they'd just keep up. Slowly and steadily." Techno said. Pausing to put a bandaged hand on his hip. The other held his sword over his shoulder. He didn't look in pain at all from the gash in his side.
"But soon they would grow more tired and tired. Untill they'd run out of energy. Then the humans would eat them." He finished, smirking at what Clay assumed was his prey. A cold hand clawed down his back, sending shivers through his whole body, a shadow drawn across Technoblade's face, he laughed without any humor tracing it. " Isn't that interesting?" The strawberry blonde said. No emotion in his tone. Then Clay started to run, Techno followed slowly after him.

>>>   <<<

Corpse looked around his room. The boring old room he had worked in for as long as he could remember. The cold air from the vents drifted into the dull room.  The colors were black, gray and white. Nothing more or less. With one boring bed. And one horribly boring painting. Nothing interesting ever peaked the black haired man's interest. Well with one exception. One boy, a boy who owned the room, filled it with color and life. When he came to see Corpse, his day would brighten. The black haired boy creaked open the door, and he scurried off to his servant bedroom. He fumbled with a black key, until he stuck it into the lock. Click. It sounded. Corpse went into his room, and went to the restroom. He opened the black handle and looked in the broken and covered mirror. It showed nothing but the outline and a blurred figure staring back at him. Blurs of dull colors like a gray purple, tan and black mingled together in the humanoid shape looking back at him. He went to wash his hands, they were veiny, and hey wore big black and sliver laced rings, each one slightly unique in its shape. He turned on the faucet, and white bubbles streamed from the opening like a miniature water fall. He rinsed his hands in the cold-icy water, it covered his black painted fingernails and poured out from under his hand. He wiped his face, it was a scared purple color for all except his right eye. A normal dark hazelnut brown color. His mouth was a jumble of long pointed fangs, intertwining together to form a frowning shape. His left eye glowed a very light purple, it was a subtle glow, but if the lights turned off, you would notice it. Lastly he had only one purple bunny's ear sticking out of his messy raven black hair. It was hairless and bent off halfway. He turned the "waterfall" off and he grasped he handle of the door. He trudged over to his bed. A blank black bed, with white covers. The curtains were shut, and the lights were off. He forgot to water his flower, so it had shriveled up and died, a dark tan dead, flower. He thought it resembled him in some way. He flopped on his boring bed, and stayed there, his face engulfed in the pillows warm fabric. He curled up in a ball in his boring world, and slept. Dreaming of nothing. Nothing nice, at least. Death, and shock filled his nightmares until he jolted awake before the sun took its place in the sky. He woke up in a cold sweat, only getting about three hours of sleep. He wiped sweat off his brow and cleared tears starting to form around his eyes. He stumbled out of bed, unable to fall into sleep again. He walked over to his door, next to it was a small desk and a broken mirror, an empty, broken, dusty and boring picture frame sat on top of the desk. He opened his boring gray door with caution, not wanting to meet anyone on the other side. He shut the door once he was outside in the boring castle hallways. His feet carried him to his favorite person's room. Sykkuno. His name lived in his head, and it rolled off his tongue whenever he spoke about him. He walked into the boring room he had worked for, and knocked solemnly. The door opened to his delight, and there he was. Sykkuno.
-End OF Chapter Four-
——————————————————
1753 words