Chapter 12

"Wow. You all out done yourselves!" I say gaping over the beautiful dress for The Report tonight.

It was a beautiful blue ball gown that made me feel like a princess. It had tiny diamonds here and there and looked just amazing.

I put on the dress which they quickly laced and buttoned.

They picked out these gorgeous heels (I was sure I would trip over sometime tonight.)

I picked out a simple diamond necklace with little diamond earings.

30 minutes later, with hair and makeup perfect, I was done.

My maids wished me luck and I was on my way.

£££££££££

When I arrived to the Great Room, I was surprised to see that there were still a lot of girls missing. I thought I took a long time to get ready.

I went to sit in the back row but struggled up the steps with the heels.

When I took a seat, I spotted Jackson looking at me. I blushed and gave him a smile and a wave.

He chuckled and waved back.

He mouthed, "you look amazing."

I blushed and mouthed back, "thank you, not to bad yourself."

He laughed out loud and some heads turned to him.

He quickly looked down and then back at me and it took everything in us so we wouldn't burst out laughing.

"Brooke! You look amazing!" I hear Madeline say.

I give Jackson one last smile before I turn to Madeline.

"Thank you! I love your dress!" I say taking in her beautiful pink ball gown.

"Thank you. I wasn't so sure about the shape of the dress but I grew to love it." She said taking a seat next to me.

I feel grateful that she would rather sit by me in the back then in the first row.

We talk about how some girls look great in there dresses and how some girls just look wrong. Like Maddy looks a little out of place with the color she has on.

Bethany, who was very  tiny,actually fainted 3 minutes before The Report started.

Jillian groaned and quickly got her to wake up and placed poor Bethany in the back row.

Next thing I knew, the light signaling that the cameras were on, flashed brightly.

"Good afternoon Illéa!" Gavril announces out of thin air.

The fake crowd cheers and the selected clap in a lady like manner.

"Tonight is the first night where all of Illèa will get the inside scoop on all of these young ladies!" Gavril practically sings.

I swear I could feel all the blood in my face drop.

We weren't told we were actually going to talk! What if I mess up? What if I trip down the stairs and everybody else falls with me?

"But first we will have news from our beloved King Maxon!"

King Maxon walks to the podium putting on a heart warming smile.

"Good Evening Illéa. We have had a rebel attack in the palace, all the selected and royal family are safe but we lost a few fateful brave guards." King Maxon said in a sad tone.

He went on about more attacks by the Southern Rebels and promised that once everything, passes with the rebels, they will continue the process eliminating the castes.