Chapter 23

"This dress flatters you unbelievably!" Veronica said as she smoothed the golden silk to the floor.

"You are such a good designer! We could really use you down there." Amber said with a wink.

I giggled and stared into my reflection. The gold dress looked absolutely stunning. I can't belive I'm even capable of designing something this glamorous! My hair was done up in twists and curls with little gold beads placed here and there. My makeup was done to match my golden theme and the shoes . . . all I can say is that I might have back pain after tonight. I look like a queen. I thought breathless. Obviously, I couldn't be more beautiful then Queen America. But I looked queen like and beautiful in my own way.

"Ok, your good to go! Good luck miss!" Melody practically sang.

And then I was off, like a simple and plain maiden was off to a ball.

£££££££££££££

Madeline and Mia gasped when they saw me."Brooke! I'm honestly going to steal your maids!" Madeline said teasingly.

I laughed as I embraced her.

"Always outshining us all, huh?" Mia said with a small smile. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"Wow." I heard behind me. I turned to meet a pair of blue eyes that have been haunting my dreams. Jackson looked at me, gaping and speechless. I curtsied and Madeline and Mia followed suit.

"Your Highness." I said sounding a lot more confident then I was.

Jackson smiled, the smile that I have been daydreaming of for weeks.

"Is it alright if I speak to Lady Brooke for a moment?" Jackson asked polietly. Madeline and Mia nodded and left without another word. Dejavu.

"You look unbelievably amazing." Jackson said looking at my attire.

I blush and smiled, "thank you, your highness."

Jackson frowned. "Darling, you know how I hate to be called that."

"As well as I'd prefer if you didn't call me that." I said looking down at his shoes.

His frown got deeper and it was quiet for a minute.

"I wanted to ask if we can speak for a moment, after the report." He asked, with sincere hope in his eyes.

I sighed and shrugged. "I don't see why not."

He smiled and my heart did a flip. How is it that someone can have so much power over me? Someone I thought I would never fall in love with, much less meet.

"Take your seats everyone!" Jillian yelled and clapped her hands.

"I'll see you later tonight then." Jackson said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Until then." I said as I turned around to get to my seat. My face was probably already as red as Natalie's dress.

£££££££££££££££

We all took our seats, I sat in the second row by Madeline and Chelsea.

The light went on, signaling that the camera was on and live.

"Good afternoon Illèa!" Gavril said with an awestruck grin. "Before we start the program, we have a few announcements from our beloved King Maxon." Applause echoed across the room.

King Maxon reached the podium and smiled.

To be honest, our King had to be maybe around 39? But before the Selection he didn't look a day over 28. But either the Selection aged him or something else. He now is using glasses and has dark under circles. He has a couple of grey hairs in his honey blonde hair. Even something took a tole on Queen America. She looked so stressed and her cheeks seemed so sulken. Her pregnant belly was growing bigger. She was at maybe 7 months by now? She should be glowing at this point.
She seemed so frail.