Chapter 30

Why am I so stubborn? Absolutely positively stubborn. I asked myself as I looked out into the full moon.

Mark. My ex. He's done nothing but hurt me and manipulate me. But I am still caught up on what would've been.

Jackson. He was willing to give me everything. He's willing to give me what I crave most. Love. Sure maybe I don't want the glitz and glam (even though it's not all that bad). Maybe I don't want the crown. But... I want Jackson. And I'm willing to sacrifice everything to be with him. To have that love I so much crave.

I need to let Mark go. There's a reason that the past is in the past and the future is now. And that's the moment, when I finally let Mark go. After 2 years, it was over it was finally over.

I think I'm finally ready to accept Jackson's love. Accept everything. Accept his proposal and the crown. Accept him. It's time for me to finally let him in... I love him. After all these crazy months of up's and down's, I finally see the light. I love Jackson Schreave.

I ran out of my room and to the 3rd floor. The guards let me pass without question. I barged into Jackson's room and he was on his bed, reading a book. It was the first time I've seen him in something other than a suit. He was wearing a fitted grey T-shirt and red plad swear pants.

"Brooke?" He asked, immediately putting the book down. He looked more confused than ever. He saw that I was only wearing a nightgown, whoops. He blushed immensely.

"Jackson." I said, walking to him then sitting on his bed. "I'm ready. I want to marry you. I want to be the mother of your children. I'm willing to become princess just to be with you. But most of all, I could care less about the palace, the food, and the dresses. I would give it all up in a heartbeat just to be with you. Because Jackson, I love you."

Jackson froze and gently cupped my face. "What did you say?"

"I love you." I said smiling.

"Again." He commanded grinning.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. Now say it back before I change my mind." I said with a laugh.

He touched his forehead to mine. "Brooke Rose Everdeen. I love you. More than you'll ever know." We both grinned. We made eye contact and he kissed me gently. I hesitantly sat on his lap and he pulled me in closer. I placed my hands to his head and I slightly pulled his hair. Which got a lovely sigh from him. He gently kissed my lips, down to my jaw, then to my neck. He kissed a sweet spot and I accidentally moaned, which seemed to make him excited. I placed my hands on the hem of his shirt and raised it past over his head. His body was amazing. He obviously worked out. I traced his abs and he traced me curves.

He stopped and looked at me and smiled. "As much fun as this is, it'll have to wait until we're married."

I pouted, leaned close into his ear and whispered "I don't think you'll be able to wait that long."

He laughed as I pulled back. "Neither do I. But we'll have to be on our best behavior."

I laughed and smiled. Now this is happiness. True happiness.

"I have something I've been meaning to give you." He said with a smile.

He pulled out the most beautiful ring from his drawer.

It was gold implated with two gems on it

It was gold implated with two gems on it. The most beautiful ring I've ever seen.

"My father gave it to my mother when they got engaged. My mother wanted me to give it to the woman who I thought was the one. And you my
darling, are most certainly the one. We'll announce the engagement tomorrow. And the rest of our lives happens after that."

I smiled with tears running down my face.

"But I must do this properly." He grabbed my hand and we stood up on the floor.

He got on one knee.

I was screaming on the inside.

"Brooke Rose Everdeen, my love. Will you marry me?"

This was the moment. The moment that I waited for my whole life.

"Yes. I wouldn't have it any other way."

SCREAMING!!! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! MY OTP IS GETTING MARRIED AND LIVING HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!! ARE YOU GUYS DYING???

Oh... Spoiler alert. This isn't going to end well 😗

Follow my selection account on instagram: selection_is_life

Like the quote at the beginning of the chapter? Follow my quotes account on instagram: totallyaccuratetho