Chapter 13

I practically jump out of the bathtub and send a mountain of water all over the floor then I immediately put on a silky robe.

My heart was racing a million miles an hour.

I look around for something to protect myself with. The only thing I could see is the metal soap holder.

I immediately reach for it and try to calm my breathing.

I tip toe to the bathroom door and slowly twist the handle.

I open the door.

I laugh out loud at the sight I'm looking at.

Jackson is scattered on the floor trying to pick up remaining pieces of a broken jar (that I sadly admired) with one hand and in the other has a bouquet of roses.

He looks up and grins sheepishly. "Sorry!" He says trying not to laugh.

I giggle and put my "weapon" down. I kneel beside him and help pick of she shattered remains.

"Don't worry about it. And  technically, it was your vase."

He shrugs and looks around my room. "You should really keep a maid in here."

I roll my eyes. "I can undress myself, thank you very much." I immediately blush. I didn't mean it to come out that way.

He laughs, "I meant so they can watch you at night to make sure nothing happens to you."

I groan. "That's even worse! I can't sleep while having someone watch me!"

"Fine. But I'm going to post a guard outside your door."

I shiver. "That's creepy. "

Jackson laughs. "He won't come inside. He'll just stand outside and make sure no harm comes upon you. And don't worry. All the guards are very trust worthy."

"Fine." I say half hearted.

He smiles,  "I thought you would be at the after party the Selected are hosting down stairs in the Woman's Room. "

I shrugged. "I wasn't really in the mood for celebrating. And besides,  I'm exhausted!"

Jackson laughs and lays the roses on my bed side table. "From what?  What in the world could you have possibly have done to make you so tired?"

"Excuse me your Highness! I would like you to try and carry around those large heavy ball gowns and have 5 pounds of bobby pins in your hair! And I won't even mention the heels and jewelry! " I sighed dramatically. "I must say your highness! It's all so hard!  From laying around all day in the Woman's Room to climbing those flights of stairs! Oh woe is me!" I say looking like a damsel in distress.

"Oh my my. My dear! I can't possibly imagine how hard it is living like a royal!" Jackson says equally dramatically.

Well both start laughing and all of a sudden he stops.

I raise my eyebrows at him and he places a hand on my cheek and I immediately feel the heat rising to my face.

He starts to lean in close and I'm so tempted to kiss him. I mean would it be so bad?  What's wrong with falling in love?  He's been so caring and he always proves his feelings for me in some breath taking way.

I accidentally do something really stupid.

I place my hand right where all the shattered glass is.

"Ow!" I say and immediately remove it.

I feel warm blood start to trickle down my hand.

"Are you alright? " Jackson asks and immediately inspects my wound.