Chapter 2

My mother woke me up at 7:00 a.m. I almost immediately fell back asleep. I will never understand how 6's and 7's awoke at the crack of dawn!

I put on a fitted baby blue shirt. I snugged on some dark blue denim jeans and looked at myself in the mirror.

My long dark brown curly hair is probably best if I leave it down. I put on some mascara to make my hazel eyes pop even more, a touch of blush on my fair skin, and a tad of lip gloss and I was ready to go.

Rumor had it that they were taking pictures of the girls to go with their forms. So I tried to look decent. But it's not like it'll matter anyway.

"You look beautiful sweetheart!" My father said with a bright smile.

I blushed, "thanks dad!" I embraced him.

"Let's head over to the Service Office to turn in your form." My mother said as she walked into the room.

We walked to the Service Office which was less then a mile away from were I lived.

When we arrived, it was packed. There was at least 50 girls waiting in line with there family members.

"Oh dear. We should've came earlier." My mother said as we made our way to the back of the line. I just shrugged.

I got a glimpse inside the office, turns out they were taking pictures.

I sighed. This was going to take awhile.

It was obvious the other girls knew that they were going to take pictures. Some girls had smokey eyes, to seducing red lipstick, to perfect hair, and some girls were showing way to much cleavage.

We waited two hours in line and I was starving. No one deserves to see me when I'm hangry. 

Finally they called 'next' for me.

I was so relieved. I could finally go home after this and eat lunch! I was beaming at just the thought of this.

I rushed to the seat still beaming.

Food was so close yet so far.

I smiled my brightest, my biggest at the thought of my one true love. Food.

The camera flashed.

Thank you do much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! I'm keeping this one short and simple. Chap 3 will also be short but 4 will be great!

Lots of love

<3 Ashley