Chapter 10

My maids are absolutely extraordinary. They didn't question my puffy eyes or my blotchy face or even my messed up hair.

They just fixed it.

I didn't have the heart to tell them thank you which I feel absolutely guilty about.

They quietly left me alone and I broke down again.

I should have just shut my mouth. I didn't even have to say anything.

No Brooke. You had to tell him, you had to let him go. Even if it hurt him.

I sighed and there was only one thing that would make me feel better.

I got out of my bed and walked to my desk. I take out a peice of paper and a pen.

Hi everyone.
I'm sorry I haven't written you all yet. It's been very busy here!
I'll admit, this is a crazy change. The ball gowns, the jewelry, even the glittering heels. But I do miss my sweats.
The Prince is nice. He's sweet and can't tell a joke.

I silently laughed.

The palace is absolutely breath taking! I doubt I'll be here long but I wish you all can see it.
I've met some friends. Mostly everyone is nice. My maids are the sweetest! Well there's not much more to tell. I'll write more. Be safe and don't have too much fun with out me ok?
Love,
Brooke

I sealed the letter and opened my door.

A guard was outside. It was the akward one I met who had the letter to the scavenger hunt.

He cleared his throat. "How can I help you Lady Brooke?" He asked not meeting my eye.

I smiled, "would you be willing to give this to the people who send out the letters?"

He nodded and took the letter.

"Thank you, Officer..."

"Officer White."

"Thank you Officer White." I say giving him a dazzling smile to make sure he actually sends the letter.

He nodded and I went back into my room.

I climbed until my monster of a bed and closed my eyes.

£££££££££

Jackson has been avoiding me for 3 days now.

Here I was at lunch and trying to make eye contact.

The thing is that he knew I was trying to talk to him but he always avoided my gaze.

Wow, I'm really a hypocrite.

"He is absolutely romantic." Jessica said with a smirk. "I won't go into details, but it was an amazing date."

I wanted to smack her so bad.

All the girls were listening in as Jessica blabbed about her "romantic" date.

All of a sudden the windows all crashed at the same time.

I hear a scream come out of my mouth and other girls.

"Rebels!" I hear a guard scream.

"Everyone! Follow me!" I hear King Maxon yell.

I quickly get up from my seat and my heel crunches glass.

I run to the other girls who were going through the doors.

I hear commands and yelling but I can't make out anything.

I hear a gun shot.

I scream.

"RUN!" Jackson tells.