Chapter 11

"They're in here!" I hear a guard yell happily.

I quickly sit up from the bed in embarassment. Jackson also gets up, his face flushed.

More guards came running to our aid.

"Are you alright Prince Jackson?" One guard asked.

Jackson nods. "Yes, I'm alright. Inform my parents that I'm ok."

The guard immediately nods and jogs away.

I quickly stand and pick up my dress and shoes.

"See you later." I whisper to Jackson.

He smiles and nods.

I start walking to my room when a guard says, "Lady Brooke, let me escort you."

I nod and turn to the guard and it was Officer White.

I gave him a polite smile and turn back around.

What I saw was something I will never forget.

There are dead bodies on the floor and blood splattered every where. Paintings and furniture are torn and ruined. On the wall, some one wrote to what looked like blood and mud: Were coming.

I shiver and silent tears flowed from my eyes. These guards gave up there lives to protect the Royal family, the Selected, and me. I weep more silent tears as I walkto my room.

When we finally reached my room, I quickly thank Officer White and walk to see the damage.

I open the door and am relieved to see all 3 of my maids there. Safe and sound.

"You guys are ok!" I say bursting into tears.

Melody, Amber, and Veronica look up from the tasks they were doing and grinned.

"Brooke! Your ok! Everybody has been looking for you and the Prince!" Amber says.

I ran up to them and hug them all at once.

"Yes, were both fine. We were in a safe room together."

Amber raised an eyebrow and Veronica and Melody both giggled.

I shake my head and smile weakly. "Laugh all you want. Nothing happened."

They all roll their eyes and giggle more.

££££££££££

I pick up the torn up painting that I spent weeks on.

My maids give me symphony looks as they saw me pick up my rubble of belongings.

I sigh and look at the almost clean room.

It took us a couple hours but we were almost there.

There was a knock at the door and Jillian enters.

She gave me a sad smile and handed me a cell phone.

"Call your family and let them know your ok. Please make it quick because I still have another 15 girls to get to."

I smile and silently thank her then quickly dial my home phone.

My mother picks up on the first ring.

"Brooke?"My mother says panicky.

"Hi mom." I say playing with my oversized t-shirt.

"Oh honey! We've heard what happened! Are you OK?" She says frantically.

I give a nervous laugh, "mom. I'm OK. A little shaken up but OK."

She sighs in relief. "We were so worried. I'm glad your OK. We all miss you!"

I feel my throat start to tighten up, I didn't realize how much I missed home.

Jillian clears her throat, reminding me that my time is limited.

"I miss you guys too. I have to go but I'll write as soon as I can." I say tearing up.

My mother sighs, "alright. We love you and wish you luck."

I smile and we say our goodbyes.

I hand Jillian the phone.

"Thank you." I say with a small smile.

"No problem pumpkin. The King and Queen have gave permission for all the selected to have the rest of their meals in their room."

I nod and watch her leave.

My maids left before I called. Now I feel all alone and scared.

I walk over to my bed and get on. I pull my legs to my chest.

I break into sobs.

I saw somebody yesterday that I've been trying so hard to forget.

I just can't believe-

There's a silent knock at the door.

I quickly look up at my already open door to see Jackson in a crisp new suit and a concerened look on his face.

"Hi." I say, quickly wiping my tear stained face.

"Are you alright?" He says quickly coming to my side.

I smile weakly. "Just a little shaken up."

"You don't want to leave, do you?" He asks with a sad look.

"No. Why would you ask that?"

He sighs, "3 girls have already asked to leave."

My eyes widen. "Are you going to let them?"

He sits next to me and shakes his head. "I have no idea. I don't want to but I have to. Father says that they'll cool down eventually." He looks at me with a sad look on his face. "How will my future wife react every time there's a rebel attack? Will she want to leave me?"

I think about it for a minute. Depends on the person. If she wanted the riches and crown she probably wouldn't leave unless she was scared out of her mind during the rebel attacks. But the one for Jackson would never leave if she love's him for real. If it were me and if I loved Jackson, they would have to kill me, to leave his side.

I pat his shoulder.  "If she loves you truley, she will never leave your side.''

He smiles, "I hope so."

I rest my head on his shoulder and hope that Jackson does find his happily ever after.

££££££££££

Hi guys! I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG. My mom took away my phone for a really long time. *tear* Thank you all so much for putting up with the late chapters! I will write way more and make it up to you! See ya soon!
Ashley