Chapter 18

Warning: What happens next is not so pretty but please be mature.

I've been in here for 5 days.

5 days where I ate stale bread, dried lentils, and murky water.

5 days where I cried until I had no tears left in me, but still sobbed uncontrollably.

5 days were I have not heard a single decent word from what happened to Jackson.

I over heard some guards saying he's up and running.

Some guards say the Royal Family are already making plans for his funeral.

Officer White came by each night and made me feel some what better.

I layed down on the uncomfortable hay bed. It was really chilly and the thin wool blanket didn't do much to help.

I started to doze off when I heard footsteps.

I froze.

Nobody came here this late.

The footsteps grew louder.

I couldn't tell if the person was coming towards my cell or not because I faced the cold stony wall.

I heard the clink of the keys and my cell door open.

I slowly turned and my heart stopped beating.

There was a man who was wearing all black and had his whole face covered except his mouth.

He wasn't one of the guards.

He was smiling really creepy like and there was something familiar about him...

"Can I help you?" I asked trying to sound confident, but it came out nothing more then a whimper.

He stalked toward me quietly.

I started to tremble uncontrollably.

He was standing over me and looking at me in a way that made me uncomfortable.

He grabbed my waist in a way where I knew there would be a bruise later on.

He kissed me roughly and pulled me into him to where I couldn't breathe anymore.

His hands roamed my body roughly as I squirmed.

He started to unzip my jump suit as I trembled.

"HELP!" I screamed but he quickly covered my mouth.

He ripped off the jump suit and he gripped my skin hard.

Tears streamed down my face as he bit my neck.

He reached for my bra clip and yanked it off to where I heard a tear.

I sobbed and started pinching him to get off me

I bit his hand and he slapped me.

He started to reach for the most sacred part.

The cell door screeched open.

And my world was saved.

Jackson got the man off of me and punched him.

I quickly covered my body with the wool blanket and stared at the fight. I was trembling.

Jackson was wearing a rumpled white dress shirt and rumpled black dress pants.

He was kicking and hitting the man so hard that I was surprised he had not blacked out yet.

The man finally stopped fighting back and he slumped against the wall.

"J-Jackson." I whimpered.

"Brooke." He said and let out a sigh of relief.

He jogged toward me and placed his hands on my face.

"Darling, are you alright?" He asked placing his hands gently on my bare shoulders.

I nodded as I trembled.

"Shhh. Your safe now." He said wrapping his strong arms around me.

I sobbed and wrapped the blanket around me tighter.

"I-I" I started.

"You don't have to say anything." He said.

The next thing I knew I was in his arms and I blacked out.

£££££££££

I awoke in my room and was wearing a soft nightgown.

"You're awake." I heard a voice say.

I turned and saw Jackson sitting on the edge of my bed.

He looked awful. His clothes were wrinkled and his hair was a mess. He had purple and black circles under his eyes and it looked like he was recently crying.

"J-Jackson. You're okay!" I said starting to sit up but I immediately cried out in pain.

He was immediately at my side.

I pulled him down and embraced him.

"You're alive." I whispered as tears ran down my face.

He chuckles. "I'm alive? I thought you were long gone."

I scooted over gently and invited him to lay with me.

He lay down and sighed.

"How long have I been out?" I asked groggily.

"2 days." He answers.

I let out a gasp.

5 days in the cell and 2 days unconscious.

7 days.

7 days were no one knows what happened to me.

Jackson could see the shock blank look on my face and he gave me a tight smile.

"Brooke. I-I, how do I say this. I'm so so sorry that you were in that cell. I don't know how or why they put you there, but I will make the person suffer miserably." He said with tears in his eyes.

I smiled softly. "It's OK. You didn't know and from everyone else's point of view, it was obvious the blame was on me."

He shook his head and reached for my arm.

"Look what that bastard did to you." He said showing me my arm.

I froze. I completely forgot what happened.

I looked at my arm and gaped at the hand print bruises.

He stroked my cheek gently and I felt a tiny stung. Must've been another bruise.

"When the guards reached the cell, he was gone. No trace of him." Jackson said through gritted teeth. "I will murder him. I will make him suffer a horrible death with my own bare hands for what he did to you."

I shook my head and shrugged. "What's done is done."

"I can't believe this happened to you and your not even a bit traumatized." He said in disbelief.

I sighed and shook my head. "That was nothing compared to what most people go through in this tragic world."

He shook his head.

I would let Jackson know soon enough. Just not now.

"Brooke." He said hesitate.

"Hmm?" I asked did shutting my eyes.

"Marry me."

Hello! I apologize for the scene earlier but it had to be done. Mha ha ha. This is probably the most excruciating cliff hanger I've ever had. Please leave your reactions! Have a nice day! I'm about to board my flight! Have an awesome Spring Break!

Lots of Love

Ashley