Chapter 14

It's been 2 weeks since my interview on the report. And 2 girls were eliminated: Penelope and Jane. We were down to 25.

We were all sitting in the Woman's Room, listening to Anna's about her date with Jackson, when Jillian walked in with a huge grin.

"Hello ladies!" She said holding a clip board.

"I have exciting news! The Royal Family decided to add a little fun to the competition! We will be having a ball!"

Immediately everyone started talking and getting excited.

Madeline grinned beside me and I smiled quietly. I haven't told anybody that Jackson already told me about the ball. I didn't want anybody else to hate me even more then already.

"Settle down!  Settle down!" It got quiet.

"Now." Jillian continued. "There are a few rules. You must wear either black or white or both because it's themed black and white. It's also a masquerade ball!"

You can see the excitement glitter in everyone's eyes.

"It will be held this Friday in the Great Room at 9:00 P. M. The Royal Family hopes you can all make it!" After that Jillian strutted out of the room.

"Wow!  I'm so excited!" Madeline squeals.

"Me too!" I say grinning.

Mia walks up to us with a huge smile. "Can you guys believe it! It's Monday! How are our maids going to make us the most beautiful dress in less then 4 days!"

The things 2's worry about!  I didn't mind though. Mia is one of the nicest 2's here. Her family always host charity events for the less fortunate.

"I'm sure they'll work it out." Madeline said with a reassuring smile.

They kept talking about what they were going to wear and what they were going to do with they're hair. I drifted to my own thoughts. I started to think about last night.

££££££££££££

I smoothed my yellow ball gown as I waited for Jackson.

I felt so ladylike with my perfect posture and crossed legs. I actually felt beautiful.

I picked up a book that Jackson gave me and opened it.

I read over and over again the paragraph but couldn't focus. Why in the world was I so nervous?

There was a knock at the door and I immediately stood up and ran to the door.

Jackson raised his eyebrows when he say me.

I didn't realize I was breathing hard.

"Hi." I said grinning.

"Hi. Have a good day?" He asked.
I shrugged. "Pretty good. Even better now that your here. "

He smiled. "Sounds like something I would say."

I smile, "come in."

He nods and strides in and I'm right behind him.

I sit on my bed and he does the same.

"How was your day?" I ask propping myself on my elbows.

He shrugs. "It was good for the most part. I had to fit 3 dates in 6 hours all back to back."

My heart twisted.

"Really? Sounds pretty busy." I say tracing a heart design on my silky ballgown .

"It was. But I feel awful because I'm thinking of sending someone home."

I looked up immediately and met his eyes.

He doesn't mean me? Does he?

"Really?" I ask worried.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling it with her anymore."

"It's not me right?" I ask biting my bottom lip.

"Of course not! Were good friends and I would hate to loose you so soon."

Friends...

What the heck is going on with me?

"Oh um. OK." I said a little unsure.

"Do you want to leave? " He asked with a mix of emotions on his face.

"No, it's just . . ." I couldn't put it in to words.

"Brooke, I don't understand. You've clearly stated you don't want to be with me and your family is doing well off receiving a check every week. And you'll be going home with a new case when this competition is over. What more could you want?"

I looked down.

"Are you having feelings for me?" He asked surprised and hesitate.

I was silent and I wouldn't look at him. How am I supposed to put into words what I'm feeling?

He nods sternly. "I see. I should leave, I still have another date that I should obviously be at."

Ouch.

He stood up and left to the door.

"Jackson... " I said looking up.

He turns around and raises his eyebrows.

I looked down and didn't say anything else.

He crossed his arms and muttered, "unbelievable." And just like that he slams the door shut.

I'm an idiot.

£££££££££££££

"What will you be wearing Brooke?" Mia asks with a sweet smile.

I shrug. "I don't know. Whatever my maids come up with I guess."

Then I go back to my sea of thoughts.

£££££££££££

"I think that's the one." I say almost breathless at the sketch my maids were showing me.

It was a gorgeous white gown that was layer after layer. The white skirt had small black diamonds here and there that made it look spectacular. It had black accents in each layer and a black rose where the corset and the skirt meets. The bodice, which was sleeveless, had a black accent in the sweet heart neckline.

According to the sketch it looked like the dress would be showing a bit of cleavage which I didn't quite know what to think about.

The shoes were a beautiful white with black diamond bedazzling them.

The jewelry was a beautiful black diamond simple necklace. The earrings were like black rain drops.

The hair would be let down and styled amazingly.

And oh my sweet goodness.

The mask.

The mask was a beautiful white with a feather popping out of the right side. It had white, black, and silver gems decorating it making a beautiful design.

This was the outfit.

It was perfect.

Now all I have to do is face Jackson on Friday...  I thought grimly.

££££££££££

Hi my awesome readers! Here's another chapter just like I promised! So I'll for sure have the next chapter some time this week but I sadly can't say when. It's going to be a busy week and it will be very hard to write. But don't worry!  It will be worth it! It's going to be extra long and Mha ha ha a cliff hanger!  It will be really good!  So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I put a picture of somewhat what Brooke's dress will like. It's the closest thing thats close to the picture in my head. Oh and I'm sorry that Jackson didn't show up a I'm person! Hey but at least you had a flashback! Have a good night!

Lots of Love!

Ashley