Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

Knock, knock, knock! I groggily squint open my eyes and lift myself into a sitting position as I put on my jacket. I had fallen asleep relatively quickly last night but I feel like I haven't gotten any. "Yes? I'm up!" I call out thinking it's my mother waking me up for school.

"What did you say? I'm sorry, I don't speak whatever language you were just speaking." The voice says. Well, I'm up now! In my morning haze I had forgotten about the events of yesterday, or maybe the song caused me to forget? Nah, even though this might be the MHA universe, I'm sure there is now way I can have a quirk, to be honest I don't even want to have one. Everyone has one and normal is boring, that's what I remember someone telling me at least.

"I'm sorry for the confusion! I forgot where I was for a moment!" I tell the person on the other side of the door. "You can come in, I hope you don't mind me having a bit of bedhead."

The person laughs and opens the door revealing a elderly person holding what I assume to be my breakfast. "I'm Ms. Watanabe, my pronouns are She/Her." She says with a smile, "Dr. Ito told me you care about getting people's pronouns right, so I decided to save you the trouble of asking." She sets the tray on my lap and says, "I'll be back in around a half hour to collect your tray and give you back your belongings." She walks out the door and shuts it.

I look down at my tray and see some really fluffy pancakes, two pieces of bacon, and a small container of maple syrup. I pour the maple syrup over my pancakes, pick up my fork and take a bite. Is this what Japanese hospital food is normally like or am I getting special treatment? If this is special treatment, why would I be getting it? Maybe because I didn't eat until dinner yesterday and they want to make it up to me or because I am the first person who is in this type of situation? The latter is more likely than the former. I could ask, or would that be rude? I suppose I can google it later. A bug flies in my line of sight snapping me out of my thoughts, I didn't even realize I had zoned out. I eat my food quicker than I would like because there is no way of knowing how much time has passed while I was stuck in my head, oh how I wish there was a clock in here.

After what feels like an eternity of waiting I hear a knock at the door before it swings open to reveal Ms. Watanabe with my clothes, purse and boots. She sets my clothes on the bed, plops my boot in front of it and picks up the tray. "Dr. Ito will be arriving in a few minutes." Ms. Watanabe says before she walks out the door, shutting it behind her. I reach over to my clothes and search through them until I find my white socks. I grab them and pull them on my feet before sliding off the bed into my brown boots that match my jacket, the white fluff at the top tickles my bare skin about a hands with below my knee. I pace around the room trying to get my unchecked A.D.H.D under control.

I hear a knock before the door opens. Dr. Ito motions for me to follow him. I pick up my stuff and let him lead me to the exam room. Along the way I see a clock on the wall, 9:41 am. He opens the door for me and I go inside then sit down on the exam table. He goes through the mountains of a normal check-up then says something peculiar, "I need to take an X-ray of your feet."

"Why do you need to do that?" I ask, faking confusion. I think I already know why. In My Hero academia you can tell if you are going to develop a quirk or not by looking at your pinky toe. People with quirks have one joint while people without have the normal amount, being two.

"To check and see if you have a quirk." He replies. Could this be the nail in the coffin? The point to drive my theory home?

"What's a quirk?" I ask, somehow able to contain my excitement at the possibility that I am now living in a universe filled with superpowers.

"A quirk is a superhuman ability that people can possess that is unique to each person." Dr. Ito says, "My quirk is," He reaches over, touches my nose and a bike horn sounds. "Making people's noses honk. It's called Boop Horn." I double over laughing clutching my stomach. Bingo! This dude just served me the final piece of evidence I needed to convince myself that this is indeed the My Hero academia universe on a silver platter. Funnily enough, his quirk seems straight out of 'The world of Xanth', it has the same energy as making roots square.

He takes the X-ray afterwards and leads me back to room 11. On the way I can see it's now 10:59, I have an hour or two before lunch. Dr. Ito says he has another patient to attend to after I sit back down on my bed and Ms. Watanabe will be in shortly to ask a few more questions. He walks out and shuts the door leaving once again alone with my thoughts.

Another knock at the door, "Come in!" I say thinking it's Ms. Watanabe. To my surprise the door opens to reveal Mrs. Midoriya. "Hello?" I say although it comes out more as a question.

"Hello (L/N), I am Inko Midoriya, Izuku's mother." She says, " I am going to be taking care of you after you have a few more questions asked."

"You're the person who decided to take me in?" I ask confused, "Aren't you turned away by my suicidal thoughts and actions? Aren't you turned away by my broken and ugly soul? Aren't you appalled by my lack of knowledge about how the world works?"

"Butterflies are unable to see their wings but we as humans are able to see how beautiful they are, so even though you can't see your wings," Mrs. Midoriya says as she walks up to me and holds my hands, "Me and my son can and they are beautiful. Izuku and I are going to try our best to show them to you."

My heart swells at her words, even though I remember hearing them first from a Tic Toc, and I feel something wet on my hand. I touch my face and feel wet there as well, her words touched me so much I couldn't keep it in.

A knock at the door ruins the heartfelt mood. The door swings open and Ms. Wanatabe walks in as I wipe away my tears on my jacket sleeves. She looks at me and Mrs. Midoriya and says, "You can take her home now, we can get our answers at a later date. For now let's step out of the room so Kamody can get changed into her own clothes." The two adults walk out of the room and close the door.

I sit on the bed and pull my boots off, setting them neatly next to each other on the floor in front of me, then I carefully take my jacket off and set it on the bed next to me. I feel so exposed without it. I untie the gown and take it off, as I do so It occurs to me that this is the type of gown where everyone can see your butt when you wear it, a wave of embarrassment washes over me as my cheeks flush. Oh bloody Nora, let's hope no one looked at me from the back.

I pull on my to black stretch pants that are so long they end right before my toes, I sometimes wonder whether or not I need to wear socks with them. It's one downside to my short stacher and petite figure, almost all the pants that fit right around the waist are too long, but the floppy long sleeve shirts make up for that fact in my opinion, It helps with my A.D.H.D. I grab my white and (F/C) striped shirt. It's not a shirt though, it's a really old dress that I just couldn't give up, it still fits me as a shirt, though I must admit it looks a bit odd having a slightly tight shirt that fans out right below the chest area.

I pull my brown plaid jacket over my shirt and sling my white purse with semi-realistic flowers on it over my shoulder. I let myself slide off the bed into my boots before walking over to the door and opening it to see Mrs. Midoriya standing outside. She looks at me with a smile.

"Just like a butterfly." She says as she takes my hand and walks me out the door, "You're beautiful."