Oooo, dem be fightin' words

"So this is Mochi?" The girl says as she and Katsuki walk away from the food stand, holding the pink semicircle pastry in question. Katsuki had just finished showing her around the shopping district when she had expressed interest in grabbing a small bit of something to tide her over until dinner when the stand caught her eye.

"I still can't get over the fact that you claim to be a big fan of the food over here and have never tried Mochi." Katsuki laughs, taking a bite of his, "Isn't Mochi one of the only authentic Japanese food Americans can get their hands on?"

"Well, ya," (Y/N) says before trying to defend herself saying, "but it's not my fault that there were no places to get Mochi within walking distance and my parents wouldn't take me anywhere to get some!"

"Will you just eat your Mochi and stop talking about it?" The spiky blonde says as he finishes his..

"Uhh..." The forren girl says with a slight blush adorning her cheeks before taking a small bite of her pastry and letting out a sound of enjoyment. "Mmmm! This is really good! I don't think I've ever had something quite like it. I think the closest thing we have in America are Long Johns"

"Are what?" Katsuki asks, raising an eyebrow, "You do realize I have no idea what those are, right?"

The girl chokes on her Mochi from embarrassment, "Oh, uh r-right, that is correct, I did forget that." She sputters, her blush returning. "They're like long cream-filled donuts." She quickly finishes her Mochi and clears her throat.

"So, um, third year is the last year of middle school here, right? I heard that highschool is really important here and is the deciding factor in what your future will be. So, uh, what do you want to do with your life?" (Y/N) says attempting to change the subject.

"I'm going to be the richest and most well-known hero of all time and it all starts with UA!" Katsuki says with a confident look. "With my strength and tenacity, there's no way I can't!"

"Hey! I want to go down the hero route too! Do you want to train together sometime?" The girl asks excitedly, clasping her hands together. "You said you have a really strong quirk and training against someone like that would provide a lot of good experience!"

Katsuki does a double take of (Y/N). He wasn't expecting that to be her aspersion, but to be perfectly honest, he didn't have any expectations. The more he thinks about it, the more he realizes that he should've seen it coming with her first words to him expressing her interest in helping him deal with whatever thing was plaguing his mind. The only thing is, "Aren't you a little too fragile to consider doing that? I mean, I did only just meet you two days ago, but with how easily you broke down and how weak you look..."

The girl scoffs, "Oooo, dem be fightin' words." She sends a glare his way, her aura changing from the sunshine it was meer moments ago to one of determination. "Diamonds are one of the hardest materials found in nature but if you hit it in the right spot they will shader, you did that to me. I might not be all that imposing but I guarantee that I can beat you without a quirk."

"You really think you can do that?" The Pomeranian begins laughing at the notion, but is soon cut off.

"With. my. hands. tied." (Y/N) says matter-of-factly before her demeanor bounces back to the one she had previously, "I mean in front of me, behind my back is too big of a thing to claim."

"There's only one way to find out. I know a place where we can fight." Katsuki says as he grabs her hand and starts to lead her somewhere. He doesn't want to fight her, she's so... weak, mentally and physically, to the point that even a strong quirk probably won't save her chances of beating him, never mind becoming a hero.

Even so, (Y/N) looks so sure of herself that he almost feels bad about what's about to happen. He'll allow her to handy-cap herself, then each time he beats her, have her remove one until Katsuki beats her at her full strength and she sees she doesn't have a chance. It's better to have her dreams crushed now by someone she knows to soften the blow and attempt comfort her afterwards then to later have a complete stranger tell her she doesn't have a chance, It could end up being a dangerous situation later on.

The duo's pace slows as they approach their intended destination. The city is more... dilapidated than (Y/N) expected. The buildings look rundown, the streets are in quite the state of disarray, and the paths are abandoned. The human Pomeranian walks into an alleyway, lets go off (Y/N)'s hand, and turns to face her. "This place has been abandoned for a while, the only people who come here are of the type who wouldn't say anything about two teenagers fighting in an alley." He explains, "And because of how run down the place is we don't have to worry about damage as long as we don't go wild and knock down a building."

"That's... convenient, and confusing." The girl says bewildered, "It's right next to a bustling shopping district, why is it like this?" Katsuki just shrugs in response. "Anyways, when do we stop fighting and do you have anything to tie me with?"

"Until the other is unable to fight, be it them being knocked out or pinned and as for tying your hands..." Katsuki trails off, he honestly didn't think about what he'd use to do that. He looks around trying to spot something that'd work when he looks down. "We could use my belt?" He asks.

"Isn't that holding your pants up?" (Y/N) says, "Like, if it's not, I see no problem with that."

"It's not, I just wear it because it looks cool." He takes his belt off, wraps it around her wrists and walks back to his spot. "On the count of three we go. One, Two Three!"

The opponents take off running towards the other, (Y/N) running at an almost unnoticeable slant to Katsuki's left. Katsuki goes to hit her with a right hook but she runs slightly past him on his left and before he can react, firmly plants her left foot into the ground. She brings her right foot up, twisting her body to maximize the momentum she has built, to hit the back of his neck. As soon as the toe of her heavy boot makes contact, Katsuki crumples like a piece of paper.

Katsuki's eyes flutter open to see a blue sky. Confused, he tilts his head down to see a (H/C) haired girl clad in a brown plaid jacket, black and white striped shirt, blue jeans, a matching pair of brown boots and strangely a belt around her wrists. "I told you I could do it!" The girl says, a smug smile plastered on her face. As soon as those words left her mouth it dawned on him what's going on. She couldn't have, there must be a mistake, a fluke, there's no way she bested him so easily, but deep down, he knows. He's also really upset at the fact she bested him so easily, but is too worried about what might happen if he says anything. Katsuki's also a bit proud of her for taking him down so quickly. To be honest, he doesn't know how to feel.

"So, after school every Monday? Meet up here and train?" Katsuki says, trying his best to remain apathetic, unsure of how his voice might sound and how it might affect her.

"After school every Monday." The girl grins excitedly, "Now, would you mind helping me out of this?" She says lifting her still cuffed hands.

"No." Katsuki teases.

"Please?" She begs.

"Fine."